Chapter 652: War in Subterranean World: Top Executive!

The group from Red Matter Association consisted of forty-one experts. Half of them were at One Shackle Realm while two of them were at Two Shackles Realm.

The warriors from Athen’s Champion had thirty-seven experts. Half of them had their mana pool sealed so the group was at a disadvantage. Although they also had two Two Shackles Realm warriors, their overall might was less than the other group.

Nevertheless, the warriors of Athena never lose their battle spirit. They were prepared to fight the Red Matter Association to death.

The spirit of a true warrior was burning in their eyes.

Boom!!

The two groups didn’t even talk. The battle began as soon as they met. They clashed with everything that they got.

Souta let the twin spirits join the battle before he took a step away from the fight. It was too chaotic as skills were flying in every direction.

“Souta, you’re here!”

Souta turned around and saw a familiar face. A tall man with a pair of fox ears was looking at him. It was Manduk, the man who helped him familiarize himself with his battle power when he just reached the fourth evolution stage.

“Yeah…” He nodded at Manduk. “Where’s your squad?”

“We separated when the sealing runes appeared. I don’t know what happened to them but I think that they are still alive.” Manduk replied.

“You’re lucky that you managed to escape from those sealing runes.”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t deny it. Those are too dangerous. It sealed the mana pool of our warriors and we are currently trying to undo the seals.”

“Did you find a way?” Souta asked.

“According to Squad Leader Jamil, there are two ways to undo the seals on our warriors.”

Squad Leader Jamil was a leader of a squad from Third Grain. He was a warrior at Three Shackles Realm and he had knowledge about runes.

“Do tell me, maybe I can help…”

“He said that the sealing runes came from the fragments of the boulder that Chief Captain smashed. The sealing runes weren’t active at that time. It means that the Red Matter Association had a Rune Master in their ranks or they had a device to activate it.”

“I see… So it’s either we find the Rune Master or the device used in runes.”

“Yeah, he also said that the Rune Master must be inside this place since hundreds of runes are activated at the same time. It’s no easy feat to activate all those runes from a different place.”

Souta quickly understood. The Rune Master and a device to activate the sealing runes were the key.

“What about undoing the runes with Squad Leader Jamil’s skills?”

“That’s one of the ways too but Squad Leader Jamil said that it would take a lot of time before he could reverse the effect of the sealing runes. Two to three hours.”

“Two to three hours… Many of our warriors would die at that time.” Souta muttered in a grave tone.

“That’s why some of our warriors aren’t focused on fighting the Red Matter Association. They were tasked to find the Rune Master or the device.”

“I’ll try to find the Rune Master or the device too,” Souta said.

“Are you sure?” Manduk looked at him.

“Yes, I think I have a lot of chances in finding one of them,” Souta said. He was confident that his chances were higher than the other warriors.

He had [Galaxy Eyes] that could see through a lot of concealment. Once a Rune Master or the device went into his vision, he would know it as long as he carefully scanned them.