Chapter 689: First Class

Deep in the ruined Subterranean World.

Boom!

A pile of bedrock burst open as a man clad with a dark purple aura emerged from it. He was the Messenger of Gluttony.

His condition was bad as the explosion ripped his body apart. He was full of injuries and he barely survived that explosion.

“I’ve gathered the data of Project Sicily. I just need to find someone to test and improve it.”

He muttered as he held his stomach. The only reason why he could still stand was because of the dark purple energy keeping his body intact. The explosion severely damaged his body and it would take a lot of time to repair it.

At the very least, he completed his goal. He got his hands on the date of the Project Sicily and this would help them in their future plan. He just never expects that Avron would go against him in that crucial moment. It almost cost him his life.

He stepped on the boulder of rock and observed his surrounding. The space wasn’t wide as hundreds of boulders were enveloping the entire area. After all, the folded space that was supporting the Subterranean World has disappeared.

Hmm…?

The Messenger turned its head as he sensed a presence several meters away from him. He couldn’t approach it since there were rocks in his path.

“Oh, it’s the Terror Gale Hippogriff… It’s still alive after taking the explosion from Project Sicily? I should kill this one before it recovered.”

Killing intent flashed from the eyes of the Messenger. He would kill the guardian of the Subterranean World.

The stars glistened in the night sky and the moon shone brightly illuminating the dark land. The cold breeze of the night gently brushed across Souta’s cheeks as he stared at the countless stars.

Souta stretched out his hand and said, “I really like the calmness the night gave to us. It balanced the bright atmosphere of the day.”

“When are you going to return, Souta?” Lynn’s voice came from the transmission talisman.

“Soon, I still have something to do in this place.” Souta smiled. “Don’t worry, I’ll return no matter what happens.”

“Mm… I trust you.” Lynn said.

“By the way, my Adventurer ID is expired, right? So Lumilia must have replaced my position. Do help her in managing the legion.”

“Yes, Mila became the Commander of Dark Oculus Legion. But we’re currently out of the headquarters, right now. So Jeanne and the others are handling the affairs of the legion. I don’t know anything about handling an organization so I can’t help much.”

“It’s fine. Just do it in your way. How are you guys faring against the demons?”

“I don’t know. We’re only fighting low-rank demons. Most of the time, Bryan, Yujin, and Brando would eliminate all the enemies before I could provide support.” Lynn said dejectedly.

“That’s fine. You don’t have to do anything if they can handle it all. Just focus on preserving your strength and when the time comes you will be able to use your strength to support everyone.” Souta said to her.

“I understand…” Lynn nodded.

“Just be careful and don’t let that idiot Bryan wander alone. I’m afraid that Bryan will get into another trouble.”

Lynn chuckled when she heard his words. She leaned on the tree behind her and looked at the sky. She placed the transmission talisman near her mouth and whispered, “I wonder when will you return. I will always wait for you to come back.”