Chapter 697: Meeting the Local Leaders

Souta and Alice were looking at the mission board inside the post tower. They were wondering if there were suitable missions for their current level.

Sigh~

Souta shook his head with a disappointed look. Most of the quest here was for low-level and it would only give him 6 skill points at maximum. Plus, it would take a lot of time to go to the mission place. Just looked at the mission regarding the Red Matter Association, their travel time was even longer than the entire war.

The war against the Red Matter Association lasted one day. All that battle happened within just a single day and it earned him 22 skill points. Even though it was an ordinary quest, it still gave him a lot of skill points considering the scale of the Red Matter Association.

"None of these missions interest you?" Alice asked when she saw his look.

"Yep, it's better to ask Eztein or Amanda to complete this mission," Souta answered her words.

"A new batch of missions will arrive soon. You can take a look at that time." Alice said.

"Okay, I'll do that." Souta nodded.

"I have a question," Alice said while glancing at his expression.

"Tell me."

"Why did you call the local forces of this city? I don't think that they can help you."

"Hmm... That's a good question. But you know, I heard an interesting rumor while I was training in the wilderness." Souta smiled as he rubbed his chin.

"What is it?" Alice looked at him with interest.

"An expert arrived on this barren land and spread various combat arts and spells. I don't know if it's true but I want to learn about this legend. Apparently, they said that it happened one thousand years ago." Souta said with a faint smile on his face.

"If that legend is true then maybe the expert came from Olympus," Alice replied to him.

"Possibly," Souta didn't reject her words.

The Olympus existed for thousands of years. So there's a chance that the expert came from Olympus as it was close to this barren land.

"It became a rumor since various cities had fallen and new ones rose in the past several hundred years. Naturally, the evidence that the expert existed was lost in time." Souta said.

"Is that the only reason why you called the local forces?" Alice asked as she slightly tilted her head. She was a little bit confused.

"Of course not, if this is the only reason then I would only send some people to investigate this legend. This time, I want to thoroughly control the entire city." Souta said as he opened his palm. A ball of energy formed on top of it. "Well, I don't think that they will refuse me. As I said before, I will become the sole authority of the entire Ekatoe City."

"Hmm... So you're going to fight the neighboring cities?" Alice suddenly asked.

"Huh?" Souta looked at her. "No, I don't have that sort of plan. I just want this city. If I got carried away, the other forces of this land will notice us."

This city was just a part of Mine Valley and the latter was only a small part of Hall Plains. Although there's no god powerhouse in this land, there were forces that could rival his own. It's not good to attract the eyes of those forces.

"I see..." Alice nodded at his words.

"Anyway, this city is enough for me so I'll take all the people here. What I mean is I'm going to integrate them in Astros by transferring parasites in their bodies." Souta grinned widely.