Chapter 696: Changes

Although Souta wanted to return in just a month, it still took two and a half months to complete his training with Yenxa. Almost three months had passed ever since he left.

All this time they were either in Saya’s inner consciousness or in the mountain range fighting monsters. In these two months, a rumor spread out in the nearby villages and towns. It was a rumor of an incredibly powerful monster taking over the entire mountain range.

The two monsters wouldn’t kill anyone. Instead, they would fight everyone that they saw and leave them in a state of collapse. Naturally, every expert who encountered these two monsters survived so they could live and tell the tale about them.

After knowing that the two monsters didn’t kill anyone, the people in the nearby towns and villages breathe a sigh of relief. So they started to head to the foot of a mountain and placed all sorts of offerings for the peace of their home.

It was normal in this land. After all, some of the people in this continent worshipped monsters like Monkey King, Yamato no Orochi, Typhon, Echidna, and the Four Heavenly Beasts. They wanted protection and blessed their land so that they could harvest their farms quicker.

In some ports, they even worshipped a sea serpent so that they could sail without any accidents.

Out of the seven continents of the Imperium, God’s Continent was much more open to monsters. Some of them even thought that monsters were better deities. After all, most of the war was caused by humans and demis, not by monsters.

Souta and Yenxa lived in the mountain range. Yenxa fought endlessly to gain experience and improve her battle style. In this place, there were dozens of third stage monsters so she avoided their territory and only fight those monsters at second stage.

It took her one month before she reached the third stage. At that moment, she began to target those third stage monsters. If she was about to suffer a defeat, she would escape and come back after she recovered her strength.

Just like that, almost three months had passed since they entered the mountain range. Souta and Yenxa had finished their training.

“It’s time to go back,”

Souta said as he glanced at the system. The rewards from the quest that he got to destroy the Red Matter Association weren’t too high nor too low. It was average for his current level. After all, this was just an ordinary quest, it wasn’t even a chain quest or great quest.

The chain quest with low difficulty would even have a higher reward than an ordinary quest with high difficulty.

[Congratulations on completing the quest “Darkness of Kingdoms”]

[You’ve received 22 skill points, 40 free attribute points, 20,000,000 experience points, and 1 Level-up card]

When he first read it, he was quite surprised as he didn’t expect that he would even be able to receive a card. After all, the source of the cards was the chain quest and the great quest. The skill points were just normal and he even thought that the destruction of Red Matter Association was inevitable.

Even if he didn’t do anything, the quest would be completed on its own. He just made it faster by making an arrangement. The Terror Gale Hippogriff would surely appear and fight Avron even if Souta didn’t warn that monster.

The only thing he did during the war was fight some fodder and help some warriors survive. If he didn’t strategically arrange the battlefield, the casualties in the Third Set would be higher. Nonetheless, they would still win.

Using the skill points that he earned, he level up the [Dark Menace] to level 10. He just needed to level up his [Shadow Damager] spell and he would achieve the requirements to promote his class.