Chapter 666: War in Subterranean World: On top of Aranhgrad

Souta gave Airi his red-grade robe. It was to boost her overall stats so that she could run faster. He could carry them with his gravity power and blood but their bodies were too fragile.

Plus, the urges he was feeling were getting hard to control. There’s a chance that they would die if he used his ability.

‘I don’t even know why I’m doing this.’ Souta smiled wryly. ‘Maybe because I subconsciously absorb the soul of their parents. That’s why I’m trying to help them. I’m a hypocrite, isn’t it?’

‘Yeah, in this world… It’s hard to survive without having a cruel side. Everyone had a side like that in their hearts.’ Saya said to him. ‘Even I once killed innocent people before. The people that I killed are probably higher than yours so don’t worry.’

‘You say that. Even so, I’m going to keep forward. I know for sure that I will kill a lot more in the future so I have to steel my heart.’ Souta said to her with a smile.

It’s probably fine if he kept treating this world as a game just like the time when he just arrived here. But slowly without him noticing it, the way he looked at this world slowly changed. He couldn’t treat it the way he treated it before.

This was real. Everything was real to him. This was his new reality.

Souta glanced at the three children and smiled. He’s going to protect them as it was within his powers. It was a sad reality but if it comes down to it, he knew what he would do if his life was at stake.

‘Your life before others, right?’ Saya said.

‘Yeah…’ Souta nodded with a cold look.

The group continued to run. The vibration in the air was getting stronger so they turned around and avoided coming to those people.

“Come here… This path will take longer but it’s better than coming close to that battlefield.” Souta said.

“O-Okay… We’ll follow you…” Airi nodded at him.

She was carrying her two siblings with ease. It was all thanks to the added stats of the red-grade equipment. Without it, the aftershocks from an A-rank battle alone would be enough to pressure her.

“Good… I can sense more than a hundred people ahead. But don’t panic, I can easily handle these people.” Souta assured her.

“I’ll t-trust you, b-brother…”

The group moved forward and they finally saw hundreds of people fighting in the middle of the streets. Various spells were being thrown out and people were crashing into the buildings.

“Kill them all!!”

“These fucking government’s dogs!”

“Kill them!”

“On your right!”

“Duck!”

The scene was chaotic and the aftershocks from the battles caused the ground to vibrate.

Airi was scared as she tightened her grip on her siblings. She wanted to turn around and run but she decided to trust Souta.

“Just keep running!”

Souta said to her in a serious tone.

Airi gritted her teeth as she hugged her siblings tightly. She closed her eyes and ran forward to the best of her abilities.

She was fast but compared to the people that were fighting she was too slow. With the help of the red-grade equipment, she could run as fast as D-rank but the people around were either C-rank or B-rank.