Chapter 716: Night District

Souta turned his head and looked in the direction of the Star Pavilion, the overlord of White Line City. He was contemplating whether he should meet the leader or not. In the end, he shook his head and placed those thoughts in the back of his mind. He didn’t want his existence to be known by these people until he learned something about the assassins. It’s better to stay low-profile at this time.

That’s if he was going to use his true appearance.

He could simply create a different identity for himself.

A smile formed on Souta’s face as he strode on the streets. He placed his hand on his hand and without anyone noticing it, his appearance had changed. Even his skin tone gradually changes into a lighter color.

Then, he held the bracelets on his wrist and activated its effect. It was the [Bracelet of Silencing] that came from Raeshka and the other one was a bracelet of Alice, which she used to hide her real appearance and strength.

Two artifacts for disguise. He was sure that no ordinary expert would be able to see through this disguise unless they had the same eyes as him.

In this state, he couldn’t use his real power. He would only be able to wield a fraction of his strength but it’s enough for him. It’s equivalent to a Peak Stage Solidifying Realm. No, he was stronger than Solidifying Realm but weaker than Shackled Realm.

He forcefully suppressed his best feram and only used the mana he stored in the Queen Parasite.

‘This should be enough for now.’

Souta went back to the black market. No one recognized him as his appearance had changed. He approached the person before.

The information dealer looked at him and said, “Do you know the deal?”

Souta nodded and passed five gold coins to the dealer. The dealer was surprised when he saw the gold coins in his hand. Before he could say something, Souta already said, “I wish to talk to your boss, the leader of the Night District.”

Night District. It was the organization that ruled the black market of White Line City. Although it wasn’t as strong as Star Pavilion, the Star Pavilion would suffer heavy casualties if the two organizations fought. It couldn’t compare to those bandit groups in Ekatoe City.

The dealer narrowed his eyes and asked, “Do you think five gold coins is enough to meet our boss? Who do you think you are?”

“Tell him that I have something useful. It’s about the Governor, Ray Faustin.” Souta said in a low voice. He was only bluffing since he didn’t know anything about the Governor but this was enough to get the attention of the leader of Night District.

Any information about the Governor was important.

“Are you sure?” The frown on the dealer’s face grew deeper.

“The death of envoy,” Souta said.

The dealer opened his eyes widely before he nodded. “Wait for me here. I’ll have to verify this information first.” He said before he left.

Looking at the dealer’s back, Souta knew that the death of Envoy Jeoban already spread. Although the public still didn’t know about it, it was only a matter of time. After all, organizations like Night District would be able to hear it first than ordinary people.

Souta wanted to meet the so-called leader of Night District. He was sure that the leader knew things that his subordinates didn’t know. But it would attract a lot of attention if he used his true appearance without any disguise or restrictions. Although he didn’t come here for trouble, there’s a chance that a fight would break out if a misunderstanding occurred.