Chapter 674: War in Subterranean World: Counter

“I can’t…” Dromas said with great effort before he fell. His vision turned completely black and he lost consciousness.

He was the last barbarian in the three nations. His entire clan was massacred five years ago leaving him the sole survivor of the clan. His parents, wife, siblings, and children died pitifully. At that time, he was the Guardian of Palace so he used his authority to investigate the scene. He toppled different areas in the Cartel just to find the culprit.

He even destroyed several small-time organizations and bandits in his rage. In the end, a lot of people changed their impression of him. His temper had also changed due to that incident. He was quick to anger and he could be even seen throwing hands at his subordinate.

It’s not good for the country. The Guardian of Palace should be a role model for citizens of Cartel so President Finn decided to relieve him from his position. Boudo replaced him as the Guardian and President Finn promised him that he wouldn’t stop investigating the massacre.

Dromas accepted President Finn’s proposal. He knew that he had lost his calmness after his family died so he wasn’t suited for that position. He investigated the crime alone and found clues that led to the Government of Cartel.

At that time, he realized that if he wanted to know the truth he had to go against the entire Cartel.

“So much for being the strongest…” Souta muttered.

The leader of the Rebel Army, the former Guardian of Palace, had fallen in the middle of the country that he once served before. He was defeated by warriors from Athen’s Champion.

The marvelous strategy and techniques of Darwin and Souta triumphed over the most powerful expert of the three nations, Dromas Rockmoor.

“I guess… It’s not bad…” Souta laughed to himself. This battle gave him insight and it was very important regarding his current battle style. After everything settled down, he would try to make time for himself to sharpen his battle style.

‘Life and death battle was really important if a person wants to improve their techniques.’ He said inwardly while looking at the vajra sword.

He picked it up with his left hand and slowly approached Dromas’ body. His right arm hasn’t completely regenerated. It would probably take five minutes before it grew back.

‘Too strong… Every time he hit me it only left me five percent of my total health. The [Armored Scale Formation], [Shadow Cloak], gravitational field, and natural protective field were all shattered in just one attack. No, he would’ve killed me if I didn’t avoid getting hit in my heart and head.’

No matter what, Dromas power level was still above him and he would be having a hard time if he relied on his strength to kill this guy. A dark grade sword was one of the keys to kill this tough guy.

Souta looked at the sword in his hand. His hand was trembling as he felt contorting pain all over his body. It felt like someone was crushing his heart.

“Fuck… I just used my release form for a few minutes and yet, I could barely hold my weapon.”

He said in a low voice. He still had energy left thanks to him using [Insta Regen] and he still had the stamina to move. The reason why he couldn’t move before was that the bones, tendons, and muscles were ripped apart.

But this feeling was different… It was the effect of using his release form. This was also the reason why he wants to avoid using [Monster Orb Release]. It means that even if he had full stamina and best feram at this moment, he wouldn’t be able to fight properly.

“You’re strong…”

Souta said in a cold tone as he raised the sword above his head. He gritted his teeth as he endured the pain he was feeling. The best feram flowed on the blade of his sword.