Chapter 711: Tournament of Astros: Breakthrough

“Now, entertain me!!”

Franklin’s energy soared as layers of dark grey flesh coated his body. His mouth cracked widely revealing rows of sharp teeth. His entire body had grown larger as armored-like flesh covered him. His legs were as large as an elephant’s leg and there was a thick long tail with various spikes sticking out on his back. His left arm was different from normal. His hand up to his elbow was replaced by three huge blades.

His aura was blowing all the dust and smoke around him. His bloodlust was overflowing and it was pressuring the entire area. Just one look at him and they would feel the intense bloodlust coming out of his body.

Whoosh!!

Souta squinted his eyes and said, “Alice, prepare to stop the match at any moment. The old guy Franklin is getting absorbed in the battle. I’m afraid that he will not be able to hold himself.”

“Yeah, he didn’t even hide his killing intent anymore. It’s too strong that it paralyzed some of the weak-willed people.” Alice nodded at his words.

The crowd went silent after seeing the overwhelming bloodlust. They felt like they were standing in front of an apex predator.

“What the hell is that parasite transformation?!” Ren said in shock. His opponent didn’t resemble a human nor demi at all.

He knew that Franklin had great control of the parasite but this was too much. It feels like it was an entirely new different species.

Suddenly, his aura skyrocketed and flames surged out of his body without warning.

He subconsciously activated his [Element Drive].

Ren spun back urgently and lifted his arms.

BANG!!!

A blinding flash of blueish light spun through the air, roaring and howling madly before it slammed into his arms.

The deafening collision resulted in a ring-shaped shockwave to spread out in every direction. The flames on his body were extinguished instantly and even with his [Element Drive], he was blown away.

The blueish light carried such great force that ripped the skin and muscles on his arms. If not for his soul weapon, both of his arms would be gone right now.

Szzzz…

Ren coughed madly as blood gushed out of his mouth. Fortunately, the parasite quickly tends to his injuries closing all the fatal wounds around him.

Shhh…

Flames emerged on his body once again as he lifted his head and looked at his opponent. Franklin was standing not far away from him and the three huge blades in his arm were out of shape from the intense friction and collision. Black smoke was out from his boiling body.

“W-What was that?” Ren muttered to himself as he stood up with all of his might. Right now, most of his injuries had recovered due to the ability of the parasite.

“[Mad Demon Warrior]… One of the highest-level combat arts that I’ve learned in Athen’s Champion.” Franklin said as his body recovered from injuries and blueish light arose.

He swung the thick savage tail, slowly took a step forward with his sturdy-looking leg, and gave a further explanation, “This is a combat art design to use with [Element Drive]. A lot of warriors failed to master this art due to its side effects. It’s destroying my body when activated but since I have a parasite, I can negate the side effect using its ability.”

Ren didn’t do anything. He’s letting Franklin explain it to him so that he would have a time to recover a little bit of his strength.

In exchange for extreme physical ability that complimented the [Element Drive], Franklin’s organs were being corroded every second.