Chapter 719: Dragon Council

Souta, Amanda, and Franklin were guided by a guard. They stopped in front of the door and told them that only Souta could enter. Only the City Lords could enter inside and participate in the conference.

He asked Amanda and Franklin to stay outside and observed the things around the City Hall. Then, he proceeded inside the room.

‘This is quite huge…’

Souta said as he strode forward and saw the seat for Ekatoe’s City Lord. He pulled the chair and saw down before he slowly examined the people inside the room. There were twenty four seats in total and thirteen people were currently here. The rest haven’t arrived yet.

The moment he stepped inside the room, the people turned their eyes and observed him. Especially when he sat down in Ekatoe’s seat. All of them knew what happened near Ekatoe City, the death of the Envoy of Mine Valley. Also, they’ve heard that the new City Lord gained control of the entire city in just a few days after gaining the position.

Naturally, Souta sensed their gazes at him but he simply closed his eyes. He came here for two reasons; To know more about the Murder Society and learn the goal of the Dragon Council that the Governor wanted to establish.

‘Sigh… I must complain. Why didn’t they serve some drinks for the guest? I want to drink some coffee while waiting.’

Souta complained inwardly. He decided that he would establish the largest coffee shop in Ekatoe once he returned. He would also recruit people that could brew delicious coffee. Preferably, those that have Spirit Chef talents. They could prepare drinks or meals that could give buffs to people.

After half an hour, the twenty four seats were filled. All the invited City Lords have arrived. This surprised him a little bit. He didn’t expect that there would be twenty four cities in this place. Some City Lords were strong while others were average. The City Lord of Ekatoe should be also average if Souta didn’t take the position.

Among the twenty four cities in this land, the Ekatoe belongs to one of the weakest.

“Hey, so you’re the new City Lord of Ekatoe, huh?”

Souta turned his eyes to his left side. He saw a man with a pair of white rabbit ears smiling at him. He looked at the table and saw the tag “Lambrey”. It was a city outside the Mine Valley. It was quite far from the Ekatoe and it would take one day to travel from Ekatoe to Lambrey.

“I heard what happen to the envoy. Do you do it? Did you really kill the envoy that the Governor sent?” The City Lord of Lambrey said with a wide smile on his face.

Souta shrugged his shoulders and said, “Well, I came here for that reason. I want to know the inside-out information about that incident.”

“So you’re telling me that you didn’t kill the envoy? Hmm, that’s a bit problematic. Then, who is the culprit behind the death of the envoy? Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Jovi, the City Lord of Lambrey.” The man with a pair of white rabbit ears said.

Souta gave him a light nod. “Souta, City Lord of Ekatoe.”

Jovi wanted to ask a lot of things but he stopped himself as the Governor of Mine Valley arrived.

A tall man with slick back brown hair entered the room. He was wearing brown-colored formal clothes and he had a cold demeanor. His eyes swept across the room before he sat down on his seat. Despite the cold aura around him, his posture was well-conduct.

This man was Ray Faustin, the Governor of Mine Valley. The man that wanted to unify the Mine Valley and returned the other cities to the rule of the Governor.