Chapter 756: Ancient Ruin

“Cough! Cough!” Heili coughed. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the thick smoke and dust in the area. “What happened, Junior Brother?”

Souta didn’t answer Heili’s question. Instead, he focused his attention on the surrounding. He had an idea about the attacker.

Murder Society.

It should be them. After all, their people vanished after dealing with the Hundred Face Alliance. If there were another group aside from them, Souta really had no idea. He didn’t even know if the Hundred Face Alliance had other enemies.

‘Ten S-rank experts and one One Shackled Realm?!?’ Souta was slightly shocked at the lineup of the attackers.

At this rate, everyone in this place was going to die.

Souta glanced at Heili. Heili also looked at him. “What’s wrong, Junior Brother? Let’s stand up and check if we could help our comrades.”

Souta shook his head. He swiftly moved his hand and before Heili could react, she already lost consciousness.

“You’re a kind woman and I have a good impression of you so I don’t want you to die in this place…”

He muttered before he stood up and carried Heili in his arms. Seven shadows rose from the ground and stood beside him.

[Doppelganger]!!

With a wave of his hand, all the doppelgangers had disappeared as they hid in every direction. Souta wanted them to follow the attackers to find their headquarters.

Souta dashed without looking back. He already knew that the Murder Society would attack them but he didn’t expect it at this time.

No one realized that he had left the camp of the Hundred Face Alliance.

“Who are you?!”

“Argh!!”

“Why?!!”

“Everyone run!!”

The unknown people started the massacre. Ten S-rank experts were unstoppable. They killed everyone in their sight and even the S-rank of the Hundred Face Alliance couldn’t do anything.

The One Shackle expert simply floated above while observing the entire camp. He had an indifferent expression on his face as if the lives of these people were the same as ants.

Thud!

An old man fell on the ground without any signs of life. His face was painted in horror as the energy level around him still lingered. It was clearly the level of an S-rank expert. He was the S-rank expert of the Hundred Face Alliance.

The One Shackle expert shook his head in disappointment. “He didn’t know why our squad vanishes after that attack… It seems that there’s a hidden expert in the Hundred Face Alliance…”

He turned around and added, “Leave some people alive. Let them spread the word about this incident. I’m sure that the hidden expert will know that we are hunting.”

“Yes, Sir!!” The ten S-rank experts nodded at the same time.

Souta arrived in a small city. He rented a room in an inn and placed Heili on the bed. He sat on the corner of the bed and recalled the events at the camp.

There’s an eighty percent chance that those people were from the Murder Society. To be able to send one One Shackle and ten S-rank experts easily couldn’t be more than one of the strongest organizations in Hall Plains.

“Sigh…”

Souta sighed as he glanced at Heili. He checked her pulse and found that she just fainted from his chop. There was no attack that landed on her body while he was protecting her.