Chapter 686: Strange Phenomenon

Boom!!

Souta watched as the Mirror Lake and the surrounding mountains collapsed. The folded space was gone so it was natural that everything here would collapse. The dense mana seeped out as the tremors continued for a few minutes.

Everyone could feel an intense energy reaction underground. It was too powerful as the shockwaves swept out several kilometers away.

The war between the Red Matter Association and the Third Set of Pallas Division was concluded. There were unexpected factors but no one knew their significance until they came across with them in the future.

One of the organizations that terrorized several kingdoms and empires was gone today.

The warriors had claimed the victory but some of them felt empty. The casualties that they suffered weren’t low. A lot of people died and sacrificed their lives in this war.

“Avron…” Vandal tightly clenched his fists. He realized that Avron was holding back when fighting so he didn’t know what to feel right now.

But what’s with those people? Grim and that person clad in a dark purple aura. He only knows one thing and that’s they weren’t on the side of Olympus.

He took a long sigh as he turned around and called his assistant, Shirley. For now, he should settle everything here. He also called the representative of Sky Avenue.

“What happened to you, Souta?”

Sekmet and the others from the Blue Cross Squad approached him. They looked at him with concern in their eyes especially after seeing his condition.

Souta wouldn’t die from his injuries but his body was full of wounds. Even his hand was missing and half of his face was gone. The parasite queen had reached its limit so his wounds haven’t recovered.

“I’m fine. The battle is just beyond my expectations.” Souta forced a smile on his face.

“Damn, look at you… Are you sure that you are fine?” Leilus asked as he observed his gory wounds.

“Yep, this will not kill me.” Souta nodded.

Sekmet, Paolo, Drami, and Marcus looked fine. It seems that they’ve rested properly while he was gone fighting the Red Matter Association.

“I’m glad that you’ve survived,” Marcus said.

“Huhu! We’re gonna have a feast once we go back!” Drami said excitedly as she raised both of her hands.

“Hmm? Souta, who’s that?” Sekmet noticed something so she asked.

“Huh…” Souta looked down at the corpse of a little girl beside him. This body was Airi and he brought her with him as he wanted her to have a proper funeral.

“Ah… This is Airi…” He said as he smiled gently. He raised his hand and slowly caressed her head. “She is a girl I met in the three nations. I owed her my life.”

He proceeded to narrate how he met Airi.

The Blue Cross Squad grew silent as they listened to his story. It was a simple story but it touched their hearts. Airi was a strong and brave girl.

“I’m sorry…” Sekmet said in a low voice.

“It’s fine.” Souta simply waved his hand. He wasn’t bothered at all. Also, this was a good time to divert his attention since he didn’t want to fall asleep.

“Um… Souta… Where are Airi’s siblings?” Drami asked carefully.

“I still haven’t found them. After I’ve recovered some of my strength I will look for them.” Souta answered her question.