Chapter 748: Aftermath

Commander Eili and the rest of the soldiers turned pale when they saw the enormous Nine-Headed Hydra. A powerful fifth stage monster from legends. Just a fourth stage could already give them a helpless feeling and now… A FIFTH STAGE HAD APPEARED!!!

Feeling the high intensity coming from that monster made their knees collapse. Their strong will was slowly crumbling. With the power of Nine-Headed Hydra, their numbers were useless in front of it. At the very least, to confront a fifth stage monster they should be at the level where they broke the first great shackle of a mortal’s body, the fourth shackle.

Four Shackles Realm.

That level of power was the minimum requirement to become a Grain Leader in Athen’s Champion. In Giza’s terms, it is the starting point of SSS-rank.

In this rank, the fourth, fifth, and sixth shackles belong to this level. The Adventurer’s Guild grouped these three shackles as SSS-rank.

That’s the bare minimum level which requires in confronting a fifth stage monster. Yet, Commander Eili and the soldiers haven’t even broken one shackle. They haven’t even reached the path of mortal shredding so how could they fight the Nine-Headed Hydra?

There’s no doubt that they would die here.

Commander Eili already resolved himself. He glanced at Eztein and was slightly confused.

“What’s the matter, Sir Eztein? The battle had stopped ever since the Nine-Headed Hydra appeared. I’m afraid that Sir…” Commander Eili didn’t finish his sentence as he lowered his head.

“Souta is still alive,” Eztein said plainly.

“Huh?” Commander Eili lifted his head, extremely confused. He stared at the approaching Nine-Headed Hydra. He shook his head and left. He would help his subordinates first.

Eztein, Yuko, and Yenxa could feel that Souta was alive. They were bound by parasites so they knew that the queen hasn’t changed its host. It was still inside Souta’s body.

Soon, the Nine-Headed Hydra arrived at the fortress. The steel walls that protected them for several years couldn’t even be compared to the size of this gigantic hydra. The soldiers on the other side couldn’t even lift their fingers. They felt that they would die from suffocation.

They didn’t even notice that there was a figure standing at one of the heads of the hydra. The figure jumped and landed on top of the wall, surprising everyone.

It’s Souta.

His appearance shocked everyone including Eztein, Yuko, and Yenxa. Although Eztein knew that Souta was still alive, he didn’t expect that Souta was with the Nine-Headed Hydra. This throughly surprised him.

Seeing the state of the soldiers, Souta eyed Kessa. Kessa tilted her nine heads in confusion. She didn’t know what he wanted her to do.

“Revert back to your snake form. Also, suppress the best feram in your body. I don’t want you to accidentally kill everyone here.” Souta spoke using monster language.

Kessa nodded and with a puffed of thick smoke, she turned into a small snake that coiled around Souta’s arm affectionately. She loves the feeling around him, it gives her a feeling of calmness that helped her control her emotion.

The [Serpent Dominance] was a better ability than he imagined.

“S-Souta…” Eztein looked at the snake in Souta’s arm with wide eyes.

Yuko and Yenxa curiously observed this small snake who was in fact a powerful fifth stage monster. Although Kessa tried to conceal her energy, it was still enough as her body was giving off an invisible pressure. Anyone who looked at her would feel that she was abnormally strong.