Chapter 653: War in Subterranean World: Banni vs. Jayden

Banni could clearly remember the battle years ago. The time when they did a large-scale operation to wipe out the Red Matter Association.

The power of the top 2 executive was no joke.

“I don’t have anyone with me right now… I guess I have to do it alone.”

Banni smiled wryly. The Chief Captain was gone and they couldn’t find Servas and Micah. The Squad Leaders of the First, Second, and Third Grain were doing their best to support the warriors that got their mana pool sealed.

So he was alone to deal with the executives of the Red Matter Association.

“It’s a tough job but I have to do it.”

Banni tightened his muscles and his energy enveloped his body. His mind was prepared for everything that would happen next.

The smoke slowly dissipated and a tall man was standing in the center of the crater. The man was wearing a formal suit. He was holding a rapier in his right hand while his left hand was on his back.

He had sharp brows and deep black eyes. On his forehead, there was a pair of antennas sticking out and an exoskeleton could be seen on some part of his body.

He was alone. Shiela was nowhere to be found.

“She escaped…” Banni muttered with a grave look.

Jayden has arrived and he failed to land a killing blow on Shiela. Well, with her condition she wouldn’t be able to fight anymore.

Even if she healed herself, she wouldn’t be able to fight at her peak. Ordinary Squad Leaders were enough to match her. The Squad Leaders from higher Grains would dismantle her in her current condition.

“It’s been a long time Banni.” Jayden greeted him.

“Yeah, I didn’t think that you are still alive,” Banni replied with a laugh.

“Well, it’s not like everyone can kill me.” Jayden shrugged his shoulder.

“You’re on time. If you were one second late, I would have killed Shiela.”

“Haha, she had another job. She didn’t need to fight anymore.” Jayden laughed.

“I see… It’s understandable with her current condition but… I think you would end up the same as her.”

Banni burst forward as he zoomed the distance between him and Jayden in an instant.

Jayden laughed as he thrust the rapier in his hand.

Swoosh!

Banni blocked it with his dagger then he kicked the group and jumped in the air. Lightning covered his blades before slashing in his opponent’s direction.

[Twin Lightning Slash]!!

“Not enough!” Jayden jumped backward as a magic circle appeared on his left hand.

[Three-layered Wood Gate]!!

Three twenty-meter-tall wood emerged from the ground. The wood gates were lined up as they blocked the lightning slash.

Boom!!

The first gate was shattered but the second gate stopped the lightning from advancing.

“It’s really irritating that you have the same element as your Chief Captain!”

Jayden said before he dashed forward while thrusting his rapier.

“It’s an honor to have the same element as my Chief Captain!”