Chapter 723: Capture

Souta’s figure flashed and he instantly appeared on the ground, avoiding the vicious cold winds that hurled at him.

He glanced at the person that attack him with a puzzled look.

Isn’t this man one of the City Lords?

Why attack him?

“You’re better than I imagined. You actually avoided my surprise attack. You have top-notch reflexes.” A short man with sharp eyes and fur on his arms said with bloodlust flowing from his eyes.

“Oh, that?” Souta scratched his cheeks feeling the bloodlust coming from this guy.

If he wasn’t wrong, this guy was called Voser.

“Tell what other things the Governor told you after I left!” Voser said as he stood in his position while letting out the intense energy from his body.

“Nothing much. It’s pretty much the same as what you heard. The Dragon Council is trying to help each other in strengthening the Mine Valley to resist the people outside the land.” Souta opened his arms widely.

“No way that’s true! Then, why did you agree with his condition?! There is no benefit at all!” Voser didn’t believe Souta’s words.

“It’s because it is quite interesting don’t you think?” Souta grinned. “Governor Ray didn’t force any of you. You can decline or join on your will. Those who wanted to protect the Mine Valley have bonded together. If he proposed benefits quickly, then I’m sure that some of the City Lords will join. But that’s no good. Governor Ray only wanted people that have the same goal as him.”

“And that goal is to protect the Mine Valley?” Voser’s frown grew deeper.

“That’s right.” Souta clapped.

“You! That’s ridiculous!” Voser roared as he launched himself forward.

In just an instant, he arrived in front of Souta and threw a punch in his stomach.

Bang!

Souta’s body bent backward as he flew away like a cannonball. His opponent chased after him and kicked him below.

The cold energy seeped out as if it was trying to turn his entire body into ice.

“You know why he didn’t force you? I’m sure you understand right? It is hard to work together with people that have different goals. Especially, if he didn’t know your personality or attitude. He would be wary all the time.”

Souta said before he received a punch in the chest. His figure turned into a stream of light and crashed on the ground causing the earth to shake.

“Profits? It’s already there from the beginning. If the Dragon Council took over the entire Mine Valley, all of its resources will be divided by us. We would also be able to exchange supplies such as grains, ores, and other little things easily since we are allies. As for you, what if the outsider offers you a larger profit? Then, you would betray us.”

Beams of blueish energy hurled down causing a series of explosions. All the things within a radius of two hundred meters were frozen.

But Souta didn’t stop talking at all.

“The contract is too loose. Governor Ray only used it as assurance but people from Dragon Council could still indirectly harm the Mine Valley since there’s a loophole. But I don’t understand why he wanted cooperation. If it is me, I’m going to force every single one of you to do my bidding. I will utterly lock you down without anyone of you noticing it.”

At this time, Souta received hundreds of attacks from Voser. He was lying in the middle of a ten-meter-deep crater with his hand inside his pockets.

Suddenly, he stopped and turned his head to the side. It was clear that he didn’t put Voser in his eyes.