Chapter 738: Lerna Island

“That’s Lerna Island… Isn’t it a little larger than what I expected?” Eztein exclaimed.

“Yep, it’s huge. There’s a reason why three kingdoms existed in that place. If it’s small, it wouldn’t fit those three kingdoms.” Souta nodded lightly.

In front of them was a huge piece of land surrounded by river.

“Three kingdoms, huh? Veinu, Franca, and Xermu.” Eztein muttered as he recalled the names of the three kingdoms on Lerna Island.

“Let’s go,” Souta said.

They crossed the river effortlessly and arrived at the island. The moment they stepped their feet on the ground they felt the dead mana in the atmosphere. It made people feel uncomfortable and restless. The dead mana was an attribute that most of the undead possess.

“This…?” Eztein raised his hand and slowly felt the mana in the atmosphere. He couldn’t help but feel shocked.

Even Yenxa and Yuko were sensing the strange mana in the air.

‘Special environment like this already appeared?!’ Saya’s voice sounded in Souta’s mind. She appeared to be in shock.

“Yeah, from the looks of it, the area is in the northern part of the island,” Souta said.

Special environment. An area where the natural mana gained an attribute that corresponds to its surrounding. Sometimes it formed randomly and gods couldn’t even comprehend how or why. This was useful for any creatures that have the same attribute.

This place had a special environment with a dead mana attribute. People with dead mana attributes would be able to double their elemental training speed in this environment. All spells and combat arts related to dead mana would receive a ten percent boost judging from the elemental properties in the atmosphere.

“Should we go? This place is quite bad…” Eztein said.

“Yeah,” Souta nodded.

The group walked for a few minutes until they found a village infested with undead. Hundreds of undead were wandering aimlessly at the village. The thick rotten stench of undead lingered in the air.

“Oh, shit… It smells so bad.” Eztein pinched his nose as he furrowed his brows tightly. He looked at Souta and asked, “Can I eliminate all these undead?”

“No,” Souta rejected Eztein. Then, he glanced at Yuko and Yenxa. “Let Yuko and Yenxa handle all these undead. If someone beyond their level appeared, we’ll take care of it.”

“Okay.” Eztein nodded. What could he do? Souta was his boss so he had to follow him. He could only hold his breath.

“Yuko, Yenxa, take down all the undead in this village,” Souta said. He could sense that there were no living creatures in the village so it was fine for the two to go all out.

Roar!!

Yuko stepped out with a roar that attracted the attention of the undead. Flames danced on her fur as the temperature rose sharply.

The undead screeched as they charged at Yuko. Their numbers were high as they filled the whole area. The ground trembled as they run as fast as they could.

“Ar!”

“Ouh!”

Yuko wasn’t fazed by their huge numbers. Instead, the flames around her grew hotter and wilder. The soil beneath her feet shot up as she vanished from her position.

The next moment, she was already in the center of hundreds of undead. With a swing of her flaming paw, shockwave swept out producing violent heat energy.