Let me ask

P'New walks over and lowers me gently onto a pool side recliner. Ming's here now, asking 20 questions a second.

"Ming right? He needs pain killers. The shop on the beach had run out."

Ming nods and runs of to find a p in charge.

"How you doing Yo? How's the pain?" P'New's asking from my right.

"What happened Yo?" P'Pha's asking from my left.

What kind of situation is this now??

Ming's back with one of the first aid seniors, who has pain killers. Thank god, I'm getting a headache as well.

"He got stung by a jellyfish. I think he's sensitive to the sting, he can't put any weight on his leg and the inflammation around the sting is very red." P'New tells the senior giving me the pain killers and water.

"I can take care of him from here." P'Pha's voice is cold and snappish.

This just seems to amuse P'New, who's looking at me again.

He gets up to leave, when I grab his arm.

"Thanks for helping me P, I still owe you for the kit."

He bends down to whisper to me, "Just dance with me next time, we'll call it even." But it was loud enough for P'Pha to hear.

"Oh here." He takes out the pack of cooling patches from his pocket and gives it to me. "That's going to stop working in a few hours, use these."

He ruffles my hair "Take care Yo." Smiles at me and leaves.

Ming's asking questions and hovering, I feel sick and want to go sleep again. I try to get up but the pain killers defiantly haven't kicked in yet, I fall back and someone catches me. Yes I know I don't learn!

"Thanks Ming, I don't feel so good."

"I'll get you to your room, rest a bit ok." Its P'Pha, he picks me up this time. I feel to lightheaded and in pain to care.

Once in the room, he checks my ankle, Ming's hovering. They all had plans didn't they; I don't want them stuck here because of me.

"Didn't you two have plans to go drinking? Its fine go, I'm just going to sleep."

"No way Yo, I'm not leaving you like this."

"Ming I'll be fine, leave my phone near me and some water. And just come check on me in an hour or so, I'll be fine."

He's making the 'I don't want to leave you but I really want to go and I don't know what to do face.' I tug him close.

"Go spend time on the beach with p, I'm ok. If anything happens I'll call you."

"You sure?"

"Go annoy p for a while, I can't handle your hyper question asking and hovering right now."

Ming smiles and pats my head.

"You as well P'Pha I'm fine go drink with you friends." He takes some clothes and goes into the bathroom.

I wake up when I hear voices, did I fall asleep?

"Pha someone else can take care of him, come have a drink. It's not like he's your responsibility."

"I told you Pring, they assigned seniors for each room for a reason, I can't leave him like this."

"Jen will sit with him so you can come, I know you're worried but he won't be alone."

"Jen looks ready to pass out, how can she take care of anyone."

"Its fine Pha, she'll just sleep here with Nong."

"Pring, I said no. You go, take Jen with you. I've got some study material to cover." The firm tone of his voice, made it final.

He goes to the door, showing the other girl out. P'Pring catches my eye.

"You did this on purpose didn't you." She whispers, but I hear her.

She leaves looking really pissed off. I don't care. I close my eyes again.

Sharp pain in my foot and ankle, shooting up my leg; makes me sit up with a gasp.

"What's wrong Yo?"

"It's hurting again."

He takes off the patch and checks the swelling. He uses a gel tube on the spots, it starts cooling right away. He checks my forehead.

"You need to eat something Yo, and then you can take more pain killers. You don't have a fever and the swelling is still the same. You're not having problems breathing are you?"

"No its ok. Just the pain woke me up."

He goes to get something while I lie back down, and is back fast with some warmed congee from the store.

He gives me the bowl with a spoon and sits on the corner sofa to eat as well.

"I got drinks and snacks if you feel like them."

We eat and he gives me the pain killers. It's quite. I'm lying down and he's reading on his tablet. It's nice, if only it could be like this without reality and people jumping in all the time.

"You can go join your friend's P'Pha, I'm ok"

"Am I bothering you?"

"No, but aren't you bored?"

"Not at all"

He sits on the side of the bed and checks my head again. He's about to move away when I grab his arm.

"What's wrong Yo?" his voice is always soft talking to me.

"How did you know I was in the music club?"

"We were in the same school, I saw you there."

"Why did you only come to talk to me on the first day and ask my name?"

"You looked familiar, and I was right, you were a Nong from my old school."

"P'Pha, why did you kiss me?"

"Because, I wanted to."

"P'Pha.......are you courting me?"

"Wasn't it clear I was?" I shake my head no. "But you said you liked girls."

"Oh? But I like you much more."

Smiling, he bends down and softly kisses my cheek. He's about to move away again, but I grab his hand.

"I'm dreaming aren't I?"

He laughs, comes round the bed and lies down next to me.

"You look tired again; it's the tablets, go to sleep. I'll stay here next to you. And when you wake up in the morning, I'll tell you again. I'm really courting you. I can can't I?"

"Yes.

P'Pha don't let girls in bikinis hug you or hold your arm."

"Ok" he chuckles.

"P'Pha, don't let anyone but me hug you."

He kisses my forehead and smiles at me again as he says ok. I watch his smiling face as I fell asleep.