I have someone

Ming's POV

"P I really really miss you!"

"Enough Ming Kwan. Don't you have anything better to do then call me every day?" he snaps.

"But I want to hear your voice p. And I didn't call yesterday, didn't you miss me?" I say quietly, putting a sad note into my voice.

"You're an idiot." He says in a frustrated sigh, but he's not mad anymore. Hehe.

I quickly put my phone in my pocket when someone comes into my room.

"Seriously Julie, learn to knock." I snap.

"I just want to talk to you, can't you even listen to me?"

"Fine, what?"

"How's university?"

"It's fine." Like you even care.

"How's the faculty? Different from when your brothers went there?"

"I don't know, I'm in engineering." Just go, I want to talk to P'Kit.

"Your what? Why would you waste your time with something like that?"

"It's what I wanted to do."

"And uncle let you?" what the hell's it got to do with you?

"Of course."

"Well it's not too late to change your mind, think of it as taking a year out. Apply early so you get in for next year."

"Why would I Julie, I'm staying in engineering."

"I don't like that Ming." So?

"Why should I care?" I know I'm being rude, but seriously wtf.

"Ming! You know the family's thinking of us getting married." I want her gone right now.

"I don't know any such thing." My voice is cold.

"Ming how..."

"I don't know what you're thinking but that's not happening."

"You need to stop being..." She stars angrily.

"Leave right now, before I lose my temper." She tries saying something "Right NOW."

I quickly take the phone out of my pocket, I explain it all to P'Kit, but he's only giving short answers he's angry. Shit. But I didn't want to hang up when she walked in, I didn't want him to misunderstand.

Where having tea, grandfathers here, it's the reason a lot of family members are as well. The talk is boring, but I'm talking to my aunts with my niece on my knee, they all love me. I show them my university moon pictures, there all patting my cheeks and praising me and my niece who's kissing my cheek, after seeing the pictures.

"Ming, come here." My grandfather shouts.

The room goes quite, handing my niece to my sister in law, who comes to take her, I walk over. When he calls like this, it's never good.

"Why's he doing engineering? Have him change it to business; one missed year won't be too much." Dam it.

The room's deadly silent, as grandfather is ordering my father.

"He's old enough to get engaged. Best to have the young know, so they don't do anything stupid. Julie is a good match. Most of the family is here, let's have a ceremony."

Oh god no. I look at Julie, she's grinning at me, her mother's patting her daughters shoulder. Shit they had this planned.

"He's still a student father, no need to rush things." My father says calmly.