Adorable is scary...

Forth POV

Ming wanted to go over but I grabbed him, leaving quickly, they didn't see us. Yo followed us out quietly.

"They're with the professor Ming." I tell him. "We don't want to cause problems."

Ming looks sad and annoyed. As we head back to the car, Yo keeps walking, I call him, but he doesn't stop, Ming and I follow.

"Yo!" Ming yells. "The cars here."

"I want a drink". He tells us.

He heads for the first bar, inside Yo goes straight for the drinks counter, near the back. He orders, then finds the small booth nearby and sits.

"Yo, this is not a good idea." Ming looks at me.

But Yo isn't listening, he downs a few glasses, while Ming looks worried.

"Let him Ming, he's upset." I tell him downing the glass in one go.

"P'Forth, you don't understand." He looks at me seriously. "Yo is really...."

He stops talking, looking sad again, I turn to see who he's looking at. Our doctors walked into the bar, with the girls.

They sit near the front, ordering drinks.

Yo drinks more, but Ming's stopped, he's looking between Yo and Kit. The girls are sitting next to them, it's like they're couples, laughing and talking. Fine, I don't like it either, but being the older one I should stay calm.

When they said they didn't have time to date, it hurt. I know Beams done it before, I bet they had a reason to say that, but still.

When I try to drink, Ming stops me. I would love a few more, I'm feeling calmer now, a nice haze would be better.

After a while they ask for the bill, as the waitress goes past, Yo calls her over smiling, she blushes seeing us. Yo tells her they are friends, he'll pay for the drinks, she thinks they make nice couples.

Yo stops smiling when she tells us, they are going to a club after this. The girls wanted to go alone, but the guys are gentlemen, said they would take them.

Yo looks sick, we try to walk out without being noticed, but as we pass, the waitress tells them their juniors paid the bill, pointing to us.

They look surprised to see us, the girls smile, thanking us. One of the girls is really close to Beam, she's holding his arm. When I look up, he realises and moves his arm away. Ming's looking at Kit with a sad face, who's rubbing his neck.

Yo walks nearer to the table, looking at Pha, who looks like he wants to say something, but stays quiet. I think Yo is going to hit someone, but he just smiles, telling them to have a good night. He wais, and leaves. Ming and I look at each other, we do the same, and follow him out.

They didn't even bother to come after us, not even one of them. Something is up, I can tell, Beam looked guilty when he saw me, but there was more. What are they doing?

"Shit, shit, shit." Ming's chanting when I get outside.

"Where did he go?" I ask, when I don't see Yo.

"Over there!" Ming points.

We run, he went around a corner into an ally, we're at the entrance, he's near the other end.