Gossiping again

After seeing she has shocked me enough, she leaves pleased. I wonder if that was true, but my father has never spoken of anyone, but my mother to me.

"I wouldn't believe what that women says, ever." Ming says annoyed. "Why do we have to invite her!"

I want to go talk to one of them and ask, dam my curious nature, I blame Ming! I know my father had a life before I came along, but when you hear things you didn't know, it makes you want to know. My father and I have always been close, lets leave the P'Pha thing aside, I was working up to tell him, but we understand each other. I want to know so many more things about him.

After a little talk with Ming, I head towards the group. As P'Poppy moves away, I follow her and tap her shoulder.

She turns and smiles when she sees me, I ask her to dance. She agrees happily.

"Let's go slow Wayo." She says concentrating. "I have heels, and I'm not that great at dancing."

"Is that why you haven't tonight?" I ask.

"They all fear for their feet." She winks at me.

We go slowly, its nice and comfortable, she talks and asks things about my crazy friends, and of course, she has seen the bunny pictures. When I tell her, I should have charged for them and made a fortune, she bursts out laughing.

"p... can I ask you something." I say. "Please don't be angry."

"I'm intrigued." She looks at me. "I will try not be, but if it's really bad, I will step on your foot."

I can't help but laugh, I don't think P'Poppy is a bad person, and I'm not foolish enough to believe, pfft Joy.

"Did my mother, steal my dad away from you?" I ask.

"What?" She shouts, and stops dancing.

We attract attention as we stop in the middle of the room, and quickly start dancing again, but as I stop P'Poppy, frowns at me.

"Umm can I lead?" I ask.

She realises and laughs, as we change hands, and dance again.

"Where on earth did you hear that?"

"Joy." I tell her.

"That thing!" She fumes. "Why name her joy? She never brought anymore any."

"Not even her husband." I can't help laughing.

P'Poppy looks at me for a while, before smiling.

"Your mother and I went to the same school, we were friends. Their marriage was arranged, I was worried." She sighs. "She was sweet and kind, what if he was a weirdo?"

"You met dad?" I ask.

"Yes." She says quietly, before making faces, while she stares at me. "I... I used to deliver letters from your mother, to your father."

"Why not just post them?" I ask.

"If someone got their hands on them? It wasn't done." She says softly. "She was going to take it herself, she was so scared, but she wanted answers to some questions, so I said I would go for her."

"Weren't you scared?" I ask her.

"I was, but I had a reputation for being a bad girl already, better I got into trouble, then your mother." She smiles. "P, Ming's mother, nearly fainted when I told her what I did."

"Did you know Ming's mother too?" I ask.

"Yes, they were both my seniors, we were in the same club." She tells me. "But a year later my marriage was arranged, they lived in Europe, so I moved away, and we lost touch."