The world is small

"Oh... talk about coincidences." She says. "That's why you've been so quite."

We don't talk as she rocks Bas to sleep and puts him in his bed. She comes back and looks at me.

"You think I'm a home wrecker Yo? You think I could do ..."

I get up and hug her. "No p, I think you were hurt too."

"Yo, you're such a good kid, you know that?" She pats my back.

We both sit opposite each other.

"We dated for nearly a year, P'Win was my senior. When the talk of his marriage started, he tried taking to his father but never managed it. One holiday he went home came back engaged, we broke up."

"You make it sound so..."

"Aloof? Detached? It was a long time ago Yo, we moved on, I moved on."

"Something happened..." I tell her a summery version of Ming telling his dad and P'Ahn being here.

"Oh shit. You think the world is huge, till things like this happen." She rubs her face with her hands sighing.

"What did your family say?" I ask

"They don't know who, just that I dated and it ended."

"Was it...were you..." I don't know what I want to ask.

"We were good friends, comfortable around each other, then we started dating. But after his engagement, he ended it. I was upset and hurt. I didn't understand, but the most important thing in his mind was always he was the eldest son and had responsibilities."

"Are you still in..."

"No. we both have moved on in our lives. We..."

Before we could talk more, P'Forth came home. He was asking if Ming was okay, why he left, I told him his sister in law was here. I went back with P'Forth, I hugged P'Bee, before leaving, she seemed relieved.

"Is something wrong? You too seemed serious." P'Forth asks me in the car.

"No p, just talking and I think she was tired."

I'm back in my room, pacing. I don't know what to do, I call Ming.

"You bastard why don't you pick up when I need you." I shout, throwing my phone on the bed.

I pick up my phone and dial again.

"Calling so often Wayo, should I be worried?" My father asks.

"Dad, I don't know what to do."

"Tell me son."

So, I do. That P'Ahn is here, about P'Bee, about P'Win, and about the message. It's a delicate matter, I don't want to do anything that can make it worse.

He tells me not to worry and let him think things through.

I sit alone and think, I keep going around in circles, and get more and more worried. What's going to happen? What about P'Ahn? Angel? Will they split up? Is it my fault I didn't say anything sooner?

I look up when I hear a knock, my rooms dark, I didn't realise, how long have I been sitting here? P'Pha was going to be late back, so who's knocking.

"Aunty!" I greet her she comes inside.

Is she mad at me?

"Wayo stop looking like that." She says patting my cheek. "Come talk with me."