Meetings and talks

We turn to look, it's a waiter, it takes a few minutes, then it hits me. It's the guy who helped us, he talked to the professors.

"Hi Tee." I smile.

We talk to him, he works here now. Ming's chatting away happily, like there old friends, he tells him we need places to spy on girls.

"If I was you id stay away, they spell trouble for you." Tee says giving Ming a judging look.

"Oi, I was innocent! And I'm in a committed relationship." Ming replies.

"Ignore him Tee, it's a family matter. Were just worried." I sigh

He tells us the best place to sit and snoop. The café restaurant has booths on both sides with some table and chairs in the center. We go sit in a booth, the high back will hide us, Ming's shown him a picture of P'Ahn, I showed him one of P'Bee, he knows which table to seat them at.

We order drinks and wait. We hear talk from the next booth, Ming leans forward to listen, how nosy can he be?

"Why are you avoiding me P'Artith?"

I know that voice, its P'Kong, I move over to listen as well. Dam my curious personality, I blame Ming.

"I'm not."

"P, I can tell. You're hardly talking to me, you don't pick up my calls. You leave fast when I show up, this has happened before." P'Kong says.

"Your just over thinking things!" P'Artith replies.

"What did I do to make you so angry with me? Please tell me." He sounds so sad.

"Kongpob! I told you I'm not angry." He sounds annoyed.

"It's since that night...was it really that bad? You didn't stop me I thought you..."

"Stop talking kongpob!" He snaps

I look at Ming, wonder what happened.

"p..." P'Kong sounds so sad again.

"You...you...You've never been like that before. You kept saying...all those things...and I'm you senior. You... argh. It's not our first time ...but..." He sounds

"You were embarrassed?" P'Kong asks slowly.

"If you smile at me, I'll make you run 100 laps!!"

I share a look with Ming, who's grinning. So, Rome was right, we both had it rough that night....

Tee goes past, saying 'showtime.' We move to the other side of the booth and peek over, P'Bee is here. Were at an angle and there a big plant but we can make her out and will be able to hear. A few minutes later Tee shows P'Ahn over, they greet and P'Ahn sits.

They order, but then there is silence. I can hear the clock on the wall tick. Ming tries to go, I grab him and tell him to wait. They slowly start talking. I've herd most of it, Ming's listening attentively. I sit up and sip my drink.

"You didn't marry, are you still in love with Win." P'Ahn asks.

"I was married." P'Bee says. I choke on my drink. "We divorced." She continues.

I quickly get back to listening, I didn't know this.

"Was it because you..." P'Ahn starts.

"Listen to me, I'm not still in love with him." P'Bee sighs. "My family arranged my marriage, it was complected, his mother was 93.7% responsible for the breakup."