My side

Kit's POV

I'm sitting here waiting for him, will he come? I look at my watch again, 8.22, we said 8.30. The lab had to end late today of all days.

I'm a nervous wreck. It's all new to me, all this, all these feelings. I've dated before, even had a steady girlfriend, but never once was it like this.

He walked into my life, and just a smile and I can do anything for him. That the scariest thing I've realised.

That night I took him to his room because he was hurt, the idiot made me help him inside. He kissed me, I let him. He touched me, I let him. He begged me to let him have me, I let him.

All night he whispered things in my ear. Foolish things, silly things that couldn't be true. "I dreamed of you p. I missed you p. I've wanted to hold you for so long p. Say my name p" on and on all night.

Neither of us slept that night. He didn't stop and I never once asked him to.

I didn't think, just let it all happen. Doing whatever he wanted to do. But I'm a coward, I wanted to just as much.

That night he said he loved me and gave me the box. That's when the situation really hit me. What was this we had? He wanted to name it, and in that box it had to be a ring.

My words were harsh, and I tossed the box at him and ran. I needed to think. He called me, texted me I ignored it. What did I want? I liked him but was this love? We had fun together but did I feel it was more like he did? I'm so confused.

He found me at lunch with a friend. Jode being his normal flirty self-told him we were on a date. When he asked me, I just said yes, I still needed time to think.

But the moment the word came out of my mouth I regretted it. The look on his face was like a physical blow, it hurt. He stopped calling and texting me. It felt empty, I didn't like it.

Then that day "if you don't want our love, fine. Leave us alone." I felt like my heart was being crushed, I couldn't breathe. Not having him near, not seeing him, it scared the hell out of me.

It's not just him anymore, I like him to. I want to be with him as well.

8.31 He's not here.

"Evening p." that's the quietest I've ever heard him.

"Sit."

He sits; it's our normal noodle place. The girl brings water and stares at Ming to long. Go away!

I'm trying to think were to start, what to say first. Sorry is a small word, but it's the hardest to say. Before I can say anything he starts talking.

"I'm sorry p, it was my misunderstanding. You never said anything, but you just let me do what I wanted and went along with it, I thought that meant you wanted it too." He talks quietly.

What's he saying? It's strange this tone of voice, I'm used to his happy chatting, I don't like it.

"I didn't know I was bothering you that much. You want to date people, just not me."

What.....

"I'm sorry I made you feel like you had no choice but to run from me. I'll stop p. I won't call or text you, I won't bother you p. Just when you see me, don't run from me and talk to me. Just that's ok. If that's all you want, that's ok." He ended in a whisper.

Then gets up and leaves. What did he just ... that bloody idiot!!!

I get up and run after him, I catch him as he's getting his keys out to open his car. I grab his arm and drag him to a secluded corner and kiss him. It takes a few seconds for him to realise what's happening then he's kissing me back.

When I pull away he grabs me, he's kissing me again, and again and again. Deeper, harder, softer, longer, every kiss is different, everyone making me want more.

Finally when we stop to breathe he's holding me, his face buried in my shoulder. I need to say it, he won't know till I do.

"I got scared. Everything happened so fast, it's like we didn't have a chance to catch our breath." He holds me tighter. He's scared ill run away again.

"I'm not used to these feelings Ming. I don't want to leave you alone; I don't know what's going to happen in the future, I just know, I like you. If anyone asks, say you're dating someone." I finish quietly. It's easier to say when he's not looking at me.

The quite sob that escapes him hurts. I can't be this stubborn with him, I can't let him hurt like this again. My fingers are caressing his hair, I let him hold me. I'm not ready to be let go either.

I pull away when his stomach growls. "Hungry?"

"I was too scared about tonight p, I didn't eat anything all day."

"Idiot! Come on lets go eat."

"What did you want to eat p? What we had last time? They have a new dish shall we try that?"

He's back to his happy chatting like normal, just a few days and I missed it.

I make him give me a ride back, but I need to get some books from his room, I tell him to go there first.

"Where is your car p?"

"In the garage."

"Really p? Should I drive you to and from classes?"

"Its fine I can go with Beam."

"But I'm your boyfriend p. I want to make sure you get there ok."

"Shut up and drive idiot." I'm not ready to look at his grinning face after saying boyfriend, I look out the window.

He walks to the pile of books on his table when we get to this room; I walk in after and lock the door.

"Oh here p, before I forget." He's taking something out of a drawer. "Key for my room. And tell me if you need a ride till your cars fixe...."

I kiss him, a hard bruising kiss leaving no room for a misunderstanding. I want him. The idiots smiling as he's kissing me, he knew. His hands are touching, impatient, making sure its real, like that first night.

"Your mine p, I can say your mine." Seriously this idiot.

"I've waited so long p". He's saying this again?

"I want to hear you say my name when you co..."

"Stop talking idiot!" How can you say these things so easily?

And he's kissing me again, soft and slow as he unbuttons my shirt, dam it's going to be along night. Maybe the real idiot is me; it took me this long to figure it out. I just want him.

The bastard needs to learn restraint. He's always gentle, but doesn't understand the word 'enough'. I know you're younger than me, but there should be a limit to how many times, dam it.

I want to sleep but there's another test, they never stop. He's up and ready with me, giving me a ride to class. I have a set of my uniform in his room, I can no longer say were not in a relationship can I?

As I'm getting out of his car, his face is moving closer, I stop it with my hand.

"If you try to kiss me here I will end you!" he makes a sad face, but grabs and kisses my hand as I slip out of the car.

"P, answer my LINE." How can he be this chirpy in the morning?

I wave and keep walking. Best not to look back or I might go back and let him kiss me.

I stop halfway walking up the staircase a few minutes later. He didn't give it to me; he didn't give me the box.