And we dance...

Forth POV

It was a happy surprise, as I turned, to find Beam, in a tux. I had walked around the large garden before, I took his arm, and walked us to a less occupied area.

"Not happy to see me?" He looks annoyed.

I lean down to whisper. "I was wishing you were here, you look hot in that thing."

"Look who's talking." He says stepping back, and looking at me. "I'm going to have to be very careful, taking you anywhere."

I laugh, I want to kiss him badly. He pushes me to walk backwards, and when we're behind a tree, he kisses me.

"Who the hell gave you permission to come." He snaps.

"It was a last-minute decision." I sigh. "Yo asked, Bee pushed me out the door, with a bag."

"I'm having words with that woman." He's annoyed.

We join the others and have our pictures taken. Beams right, what could they possibly do with that many? But I'll ask Yo for a few copies, all of us together, and Beam looked good, I wanted the couple photo of the two of us.

"The place is huge." Beam says looking around the room. "My first time, staying at Yo's."

I walk over and hug Beam, just holding him. We might not have the history or long love story of the others, but we can start it now.

"I missed you." Small words are the hardest to say.

"I had to come make sure you didn't get jumped." He says. "Who told you to dress like that?"

"They had them made." I tell him.

I would have been okay in a store bought one, but Yo insisted. They all had to be a certain shade, Aunty had specifically set a colour for family.

"They seem nice." Beam says.

"I'm glad you came." I say before kissing him.

"What's gotten into you?" He's trying to look annoyed.

"I thought it was nice, the anniversary party." I tell him. "To spend that many years together. To celebrate with family and friends, who wish you real happiness."

"Yes, it was nice." He says. "Ming..."

I take his hand, and slide the ring on his finger, he looks at me surprised. I saw it out shopping with the guys, couple/engagement rings, the shop assistant said. It was simple, something that would look good on Beam, I bought them.

"I want to celebrate all of them with you." I tell him.

"Sounds fun." He replies softly, staring at the ring. "So, your proposing?"

"Yes". I smile. "Should I get on one knee?"

"If you want to be kicked." But he's still looking at the ring.

"It has a matching pair." I show him the other one.

We have come far, since the first night, we have a relationship, both of us trying hard, to make it work. He takes it and holds it tight, but that's fine. He let me put the ring on his finger, and took this one, he will say yes, when he's ready. I'll wait.

"And let's learn to dance." I tell him. "I want to dance with you, on the anniversary parties."

"Are you drunk?" He tries to look annoyed. "We can't do that..."