Mother, this is my girlfriend...

We're standing just outside the venue, ready to go in. Ming's dressed smart and I'm in a dress, once again. After talking we decided this would be the best way. We didn't tell the doctors about this; if we live they don't need to know right?

"Before we go in Yo, I want you to know. In my short life, I'm glad I had you as a friend."

"I never dreamed I'd die in a frilly pink lace dress with embroider roses on it. Bastard I blame you for this."

"Yo, you're ruining my last moments!"

"Screw the last moments. Plan to live! I have a million things I want to do with P'Pha. You gonna die and let someone else have P'Kit?"

"No one is getting near my P'Kit!"

"Ok your mother can make our lives hell, but she will never do it in front of people."

"Especially not at an event, no."

"We go in, she meets me, we smile, party ends then she will dissect us."

"Let's enjoy our last drinks Yo."

"Bastard."

P'Leiw is getting engaged to a class mate, the family's holding a small event. P'Leiw being P'Ken's older brother. They had an afternoon event for the family and relatives, and now it's going to carry on for just the friends of both sides. We couldn't make it to the family part; we both had tests we couldn't avoid. Skip and automatic fail, I love you professors. Ming's mother flew in for a few hours just for this. And now to meet me.

Were inside, I think the friend parts starting, most of the people look like students only a few elders are left. We go to greet the couple, we make it fast, P'Leiw has always been kind to Ming, I've only meet him once a few years ago. He welcomes us happily with a kind smile; his fiancé also seems nice, P'Fang.

After our greeting we stand away from any group of people, best to do this with as little audience as possible when it happens. Omg its time, I see Ming's mother heading towards us. I feel sick. She said not to embarrass her by not being there, so I came dressed aunty. This could go anyway.

Ming greets and hugs his mother, I wai as well. She looks me up and down and is completely silent. My ears are buzzing, the party noise is gone, I can hear my heart trying to make a run for it. Ming's next to me looking at his feet.

Then she smirks, actually smirks! Yep Ming got his looks from his mother.

"This is interesting Wayo. I'm assuming there is a reason."

"I can explain mother."

"Please do."

Ming's rambling, not making any sense what so ever, she raises her hand, he shuts up.

"In short, concise sentences."

They both look to me. Why can I do that?

So I explain. She tells Ming to get us drinks. She wants to talk to me alone? I feel sick again. P'Pha I will love you always, lets meet in the next life.

"You missed things."

"It's going to cause trouble aunty."

"Tell me."

So I tell her, I want to live, about the fight, the complaint, my friends and the video. The fury is in her eyes, but she stays silent.

"Please aunty, we handled it. If anything more happened I would have called you myself."

She looks me up and down, her eyes saying 'this is handling it.'

"This started as a quick way to take care of the problem we never thought they would take it that far. I know you trusted me to bring his girlfriend here and it may seem a small thing to us but aunt Joy wouldn't let you live it down, even though I'm embarrassed as hell, I still came like this. I couldn't let you be embarrassed and we didn't want to lie to you so..."

She's silent, thinking before she speaks. Ming doesn't get that from his mother.

"Since you two became friends, I've never worried about him Wayo, and you would go this far to help him, I adore you more. But Wayo, any trouble for Ming, or you I want to know. You're both growing up and think you can handle everything yourselves, but your part of a family, you don't need to handle anything alone."

"Yes ma'am"

"I want a copy of that video Wayo. You're both too young to realize what a bitch Joy can be. She specially phoned to tell me about you. How Ming's dating a girl costing 3.5mil a night."

"That bas.." I stop. He couldn't tell his mother so told his aunt. Joy was P'Ken's mother's sister, the true family bitch. She loved stirring things and causing trouble.

"I've been talking to people."

"Aunty it's not what you think..." she silenced me by raising her hand.

"A young man was very informative; he was at the original party. Bright, he wanted my LINE that boys too hyper."

"Why the hell's he here?"

"He's a class mate of Fangs, an engineering friend I believe."

"There from my university." I want to cry

"Is Ming being part of the shrubbery again?" She sighs.

I look around her and there's Ming, inspecting the leaves.

"Yes ma'am." He's giving us a time to talk, you coward!

"He gets it from his father. Another thing Wayo."

I give her my full attention again.

"Has he met the boy he has a crush on yet?" She asks, I'm shocked, my mouths hanging open. How..

"I'm his mother, I know what he buys. That ring had to be for someone special. Is he a friend of the boy you came to this university for?" She sighs. "Close your mouth Wayo, you're not a fish."

I close it. My survival instincts have kicked in. Panic and tell the truth and pray for mercy.

"Yes, there both here."

"If I meet them, I want to know its them Wayo."

I shake my head yes, I understand. Tell her who they are or else. Never let it go to or else with a mother people, they can make you suffer in ways you could never ever imagine.

"Ming"

He rushes over when his mother calls.

"I won't tell your father of this, for now. But anything else happens, both of you will call me." We nod fast.

"I need a word with your uncle Ming, I'll talk to you before I leave, I'm taking a flight back tonight." And leaves to join the few adults left.

"I had to tell her."

"I know, but were alive Yo."

"P'Ken might not stay like that long. He told aunt Joy about me, and charging 3.5mil a night, who called your mother to gloat."

"That moron."

"We need to leave ASAP."

"Why?"

"P'Fang is engineering, you're engineering. P'Brights here, he told your mother all about the party and tried to get her LINE. If he's a classmate I bet the senior hazing teams here as well."

"Why do things get complicated when you're a girl?"

"Hey shitty Ming, whose fault, is this???"

Were still arguing as we walk to the parking lot, when were stopped by someone from the table we pass.

"Ming Kwan, aren't you going to introduce us to your girlfriend?"

We both freeze, looking at each other in horrified silence. Whys P'Kit here? Gods don't ab...

"Yo?" P'Pha asks.

The gods have abandoned me.