Family ties

Sing POV

I read through the proposal for the new project. I have been seeing representatives from a lot of companies the last few days.

The more I read this report, its like reading a fantasy novel, there is no chance these figures could be possible in the next three years, with their investment and people, it could be possible closer to 10, even then I was being kind.

I put the papers down and look at the head of the investment team.

"The amount of money we will invest into this project, and this is what your showing me?"

"Those figures..." It's side man, not the head.

"Your insulting my intelligence, if you think I will take these as fact. "

"I can assure you..."

"This meeting is over." I tell them.

I turn to speak to my secretary, as he shows me details of yesterday's reports.

"I want to speak to you, privately."

I look towards the head, he didn't leave, he points to the some of the team who leave, only he and two others remain in the room.

"I want this deal Sing."

"So do many others. You didn't show me anything worth my time." I tell him.

"I think you can accommodate me ..."

"You think wrong."

"I'm your father boy." He yells.

I stop looking at the file and give him my undivided attention.

"That word no longer refers to you." I tell him.

"Your sensitivity can't change the truth..."

"A truth, that only matters when you want it."

"Don't get above yourself boy." He shouts. "He only took you in to babysit his brat!"

"I have more appointments."

"I'm your family." He points to the two with him. "These are your brothers..."

"Like you, they are no one."

"He paid me, to sign the adoption papers for you." When I look up he smirks, he thought that would shake me.

"I know, I was in the next room." I tell him. "I have no intension of giving you favours."

"Real family is all you have." He points. "These boys, your brothers..."

"Will throw me under a bus for money, like you." I tell him. "Get out."

When he stands and threatens me, security is already there to remove him. I call uncle and let him know, he isn't happy, if he causes problems, it will be extra work to deal with. And if he goes against uncle, I have little qualms dealing with him, his boys or his first wife, if she's foolish enough to return to this country.

"Is there a way, to disown my father?"

I look up as Jay walks in fuming. I wonder what troubles he's been causing now, taking over an entire hotel chain is time consuming, and Jay wants it all above board, so I'm in charge of checking.

"Do you really want to?" I ask handing him the files. "It's all done, you're the new CEO."

"I should be happy, but Sing, my wife will divorce me, with all the time I'm spending in the office."