Shocking

"You okay P'Bee?" I ask

It's just us sitting on the bench, the others are talking or packing and P'Forth's walking with Bas.

"She's not listening, she's really going to leave him." she lets put a huge sigh before carrying on. "Her family won't take the baby, Forth's mother can't both her daughter in laws are expecting. And mum and dad are too old; it looks likely it's going to be me who takes him."

"You don't want to?" I ask

"Yo, the minute I held that baby I wasn't letting anything happen to him. I'm just scared, it's a huge responsibility, and I'm on my own." She sighs.

"You have P'Forth."

"He needs to finish school Yo, no way ill allow anything else."

"You have P'Beam and me and my insane friends. We'll baby sit when you have date nights, we'll help when you need us we'll all help you." I try to reassure her

She smiles and hugs me. "Let's get married Yo! You'll be a great mother for Bas. You don't even have to work, I'll provide for you. Aren't I cute Yo?" she asks batting her eyelashes.

"You are p, but I'm fond of a certain medical student." I smile back.

"Che. If you met me first, wouldn't you have fallen for me Yo?"

"I can't think past my P'Pha." I laugh.

"You poor love sick puppy." She says hugging me. "Fine I'll let you be. But if you break up, date me!"

"Didn't you want me to date P'Forth?" I ask

"Yes, but I'm now a single women with a child, I get priority." She says adamantly.

"Or maybe you're approving P'Beam?" I ask

"Never!" She yells. P'Forth's heard that, he's rolling his eyes.

We all hang out after and get food, Ming's still not back; Rome and I are getting a lift back with P'Forth and P'Bee.

Rome's got dropped off, but P'Bee stopped a few yards ahead when a dog ran in front of the car.

Shit that scared me. She's about to drive again when I notice Rome, coming out the side road, he's stopping a taxi?

I jump out of the car and grab him before he can get in; he's surprised to see me.

"What's going on Rome?" I ask

He's not talking just looking down at his feet. I take him back to the car, before I talk to him again. The p's are quite in the front. He's got a resigned look on his face.

"Rome?" I try again.

He just gives a different address, it's farther from the university, it's all apartments here I don't like this area. P'Bee parks and comes with us, telling P'Forth to stay with the baby. We follow him into a small apartment with boxes everywhere. It's a rundown place, just a small room for siting plus kitchen and 2 doors leading into other rooms.

"What's going on Rome?" I ask

"My grandmother was going to sell her place and move when I came back, I couldn't get a place near the university this late so it took a while to find this apartment." He begins.

"You're going to be living alone now?"

"Yes, my dad's covering it." He says.

"What really happened over there with your mother Rome?" I finally ask