Do you know?

I came to see Ming for lunch but he's not here yet. I want to talk to him about things, and tell him about the message. Everyone was relaxing and finally had free time to be together I didn't want to worry them all.

I'm waiting in the engineering cafeteria, Rome came with me but he's ran off to find P'Bright.

I didn't want to think about it, but the message did unsettle me, I'll tell P'Pha later as well, but I don't want to worry everyone. I overthink enough for all of us.

"Oh Wayo!"

I look up when someone says my name.

"P'Ahn?"

I get up and wait for her, she comes joins me.

"What are you doing here p?" I ask "Did you come to see Ming? Is everything okay." I ask worried.

She sits, fiddling with her hands on the table, not answering me.

"Wayo I'm going to ask you something." She begins

I really don't like the sound of this, don't ask me, don't ask me. "Let's wait for Ming."

"Wayo, if Ming has the answer to this, so do you dear."

"p...I" Shit, I'm scared.

"I tried so hard Wayo. Not to think about it, not to let it bother me. I really did." She's sniffling. "I've been happily married, I always believed that. Always."

She goes quite.

"But that fight with Ming, he never loses his temper, never. He looked so hurt and this idea slipped into my mind and no matter how hard I try Wayo, I can't get it out.

I need to know, or I'll go insane just thinking about it." She looks at me, tears in her eyes. "Please just answer my question, please." She takes a deep, breath. Then looks straight at me.

"Was there someone he didn't have the courage to tell his parents about?" She whispers

I don't know how to answer this, I open and close my mouth nothing comes out...nothing.

"Oh god there really was." She bursts into sobs.

I run around the table and sit next to her, she hugs me and sobs into my shoulder.

"What's going on?" Ming asks seeing us.

Then realising who it is, he sits next to her patting her back and looking at me confused.

She sits up after a few minutes, wipes her eyes, and asks as both to sit opposite her. We do, she moves her hand onto the table we both hold it. She takes a deep breath again before talking.

"How serious was he with this person? The one he liked before me." She asks

Ming's caught up now, he's gone serious, not something he often does. We both stare at each other and look at the table.

"My parents made the proposal because I asked them. I was in love with him, and when it was agreed I was so happy. But I'm the reason he isn't."

"P that isn't true." I begin

"All these years, I took his happiness away; it's all been my fault."

"P it's not your fault!" Ming's voice is firm. "He had a choice, same as me. And he really loves you p, I can tell."

"Watching you stand up in front of Grandfather Ming, I can't even begin to understand where your courage came from."

"I can't lose them P'Ahn."