What a mess

Forth POV

"Ok Bas be a good boy, Yo's coming to help." I call, getting his bottle.

Just hearing Yo's name he calms down, you're not the only one kid. Having Yo around makes you somehow feel better.

Oh shit that hurt, seriously I can't even lift a small tub with this hand yet? It's just baby milk dam it.

I run for the door when it rings.

"Thank god Yo, he needs milk..." it's not Yo, shit its Beam.

"Why are you here?" He just gives me that look and walks in. Shit I'm not ready to deal with this.

"So you need to make him milk?" He asks looking around. "Where's the kitchen?"

He looks into the rooms and finds it walking in. he's reading the instruction on the tin.

"You don't need to, Yo's coming."

"I told him I'd help you, so he's studying." Shit.

"I don't need your help Beam."

Bas finds that moment to cry, I go over to him in the sitting room and try to calm him, but he wants picking up. I really can't with one arm in a sling.

Beam comes over and awkwardly but gently picks up Bas, who stops crying to look at the new comer.

"Hi, you have a name?"

He's actually just talking to the baby like you would an adult. It's not cute at all!

"It's Bas." I say going back to the kitchen. I manage to make his milk bottle, surprisingly Bas doesn't cry.

It takes a little manoeuvring for Beam to sit and try to feed him, but he won't drink the milk.

"What's wrong baby? I know you're hungry." I say

No matter how Beam tries he won't drink it. I carefully sit next to him and hold the bottle to feed him, he starts drinking, the minute I hand it to Beam, Bas stops.

Even the baby is messing with me. I carefully sit next to them and hold the bottle.

I'm grounding you till your 10 little guy, you wait and see, but then he grabs my little finger in his fist and fine I won't ground him.

"What happened to your arm?" Beam asks quietly.

"Accident at camp, some of the first years were messing about." God I missed being this close to him.

"I told you those things weren't safe Forth!" he snaps

"It was an accident." I defend

"You never listen, what if something worse had happened." I missed this.

The baby starts to fuss when Beam raised his voice we quieten down.

"Is he yours?" He asks quietly.

"Yes." Well he is now.

"With that women?"

"No."

"Why are you staying with her? This is her place right?"

"Bee is gonna take care of Bas. And I wasn't well so..."

"I can take care of you, don't stay here." He snaps.

"We broke up remember, you don't need to do me any favours. Why the hell are you here?"