A little visitor

Tae POV

I look to the side, Tee is looking out the window as I drive, and Godt fell asleep in the back. I cleared the weekend, I thought it would be good for Tee's Aunt to meet Godt.

The last visit didn't end well, after the phone call she had looked so hopeful, maybe Tee had gotten it wrong. But he explained, that he had DNA results, Jan was gone, his aunt collapsed to the floor and cried, as Tee held her.

He got the details from Mami and ran out, I followed him. The so-called detective, was dragging it on for money. When Tee asked, how could he use other people's pain that way, the guy blamed his aunt. If she was foolish enough to believe and pay, why shouldn't it be him, who makes the profit.

I had to stop Tee, or he would have beaten the guy to death. I warned him never to go near Tee's aunt, but he hadn't listened. When he tried visiting her house, I had someone on watch. He made sure, the so-called detective wouldn't bother her.

I couldn't get the scene out of my mind. She was kind and genuinely loving, she reminded me of my mother. We didn't tell her we were coming, just that Tee was, I thought a happy surprise would be nice.

Godt is awake and asking questions, as we head inside the house, I can hear talking, we head towards the kitchen.

"I made too much again, Mami." Aunty sighs.

"What possessed you to make sticky rice?"

"Tee wanted to eat it."

"I want sticky rice Aunty!" Godt yells. "Me meeeeeeee."

Both the women turn to look at us in surprise, as I put Godt down, he runs over and starts explaining, how he will eat it all.

The look of pure joy on Aunty's face, was worth the trip. She comes, and hugs us both.

"Aunty!" Godt sounds offended. "I should get more hugs, im a kid."

He smiles happily as he gets hugs and kisses, from both. I look over at Tee, he's been quiet all the way here, but he's smiling as he watches.

"Godt." I sigh. "Maybe it's time, to take a break."

He's been telling aunty things about school, since we got here. We're sitting in the living room after dinner, he's still not done.

"But daddy..." He looks sad.

"What if you run out of things?" I smile.

"Don't worry daddy! I can make up stories." He smiles proudly.

Aunty and Mami chuckle, they enjoyed everything. The room goes quiet, when talk turns to Jan, and Godt tells aunty about his mother.

"We miss them." Godt says thinking. "But were not lonely are we aunty? Cause I have daddy and now you have daddy and me and Tee, so and they wouldn't want us not to be okay daddy says."

Aunty has a teary smile, as she agrees with him. Godt gets a message, and starts telling her new things about his friends, and Yo, who was a bunny... I got pictures from different sources.

"How on earth, does Yo get himself into these things?" I ask Tee.

"The universe wouldn't want his life to be boring." Tee smiles at me.

Godt starts talking about a party, and how he wants one. "I could put a hat on Bas, he can sit now, but it can't have glitter cause he puts everything in his mouth."