More people join the club...

I grab his arm and move him a little away from the group.

"Coma really? You're an idiot p."

"Mei how are you here?"

"Not happy to see me?"

"I didn't say that!"

"You wanted a date, and I know you needed someone for this party so 2 birds, one stone let's do this."

"How did you know?"

"Don't ask, but this makes us even ok."

"I don't know." I grab his collar and pull him close.

"Don't mess with me p, when I'm like this I snap very fast. You don't tell anyone what my friends did, I won't tell your friends about a certain gold digger with a rack."

"How the hell? You're blackmailing me?"

"Problem?"

"Nope, I like it." It's his usual insane grin.

Maybe this was a bad idea. I quickly let him go and straighten his tie, when I hear someone coming.

P'Pha wasn't happy about this, I had to deal with a huge tantrum, he still never raised his voice to me. But I explained and then I had to use a pleading voice, I learnt it from Ming, and made a promise for something, that I shall die rather than admit I agreed to do! Before he finally, relented.

"We need to say hi to my grandfather, it's his birthday party." P'Bright interrupts.

We go and greet him. He's happy to meet me and asks lots of questions. I understand where P'Bright gets his hyper ness from.

"Call me gramps, just like Bright." He happily laughs.

Don't get so hyper gramps, I'm marrying my P'Pha. Wait.... I mean..... there's no coming back from that thought right. I hate this wig!

A couple comes to greet gramps. He accepts it but seems a little put out. The guy seems a little nervous seeing Bright, she grabs his arm tighter and smiles more. I'm getting a headache.

"Your dress is a nice copy dear, where did you get it?" She asks looking at me.

Oh she didn't just say that to me. This is a bloody expensive dress; Ming helped me pick it out. I even had to send a picture to P'Pha.

"My dress is an original; you may not have seen one before so you were mistaken." I reply, dear pfft.

That wiped the smirk off her face. I take P'Brights arm and steer him towards the drinks. We take them up to the roof garden; he seems relived to get away. Why are families' always so trying?

We sit in a swinging wooden hammock in one corner.

"Don't worry I won't get your friends in trouble, I just used it as an excuse to meet you. I wanted to say sorry."

"Thanks P, you know.. ."It's hard to start this.

"Mei I think I like you." wow

"You only met me a few times, and not under good circumstances. And p I already have a boyfriend."

"Yes I know I just wanted to say it." Why sound so sad?

I'm conditioned to comfort when someone is sad, its bloody Ming's fault.

"P I'm not who you think I am."

"Huh...."

"P listen to me. I have someone I love, someone I've loved a long time. Ming says he doesn't think I'm capable of ever loving anyone else, I think it's true."