Chapter 14: The Mall

(Aphmau's POV)

It's now 10:15, and we've already arrived at the mall.

"This is a mall. Humans come here to gather casting supplies, in order to make our homes more comfortable." Ava explained.

"Boy this is gonna get really annoying if we gotta explain... the entire human society..." I thought.

"A mall!" Noi said with excitement.

"Yep. It's a really cool one too because it has..." She says

We walk over to a convenient store and a thrift store.

"A convenient store and a thrift store!" She continued.

"Uuuggh... this is cringey.." I mumbled under my breath.

"My two favorite shops. And... the only ones I go to because I'm broken and don't have a job." She said.

"Yikes." Melissa said.

"How does this help?" Asch questioned.

I turn to Asch.

"Oh easy, we're going to get you human clothes here." I explained to him.

"Those female humans over there were trying to use their blinding magic on us again." Pierce said.

"What?" Ava asked.

"You mean the camera?" I thought.

"Oh those are the condors. They probably must think you guys are cosplaying, which really works in our favor because now that I think about it... I'm not sure how to address the horns..." Ava explained.

Oh yeah that's right. The horns. We gotta cover those up cause if someone yanked on them... then they will believe that demons are real.

"Oh my god Ava!" Said an unfamiliar voice I've never heard of.

"Oh no.." Ava said.

I turn around to see a girl with brown hair with teal eyes who was wearing a maid outfit.

"Ava it is you! Oh my gosh I thought you were busy this weekend." Said the girl in the maid outfit.

Ava giggles.

"Same to you. I thought you were going to the convention or something. I mean I was nice to you on the phone so..." Ava said to her.

"Oh I am. I just stopped by the thrift store for a sewing kit. I had a little cosplay accident. Anyway, now that you're here we can do to the con together!" Said the brown haired girl.

"Yeah about that... see I can't because I'm... I'm sick.." Ava replied.

Ava makes fake coughs while I give her a confused look.

"Did you just verbally cough?" Said the brown haired girl.

"Y-Yes.." Ava replied.

"Hmmm..." the brown haired girl said.

Ava gives her a worried expression. Me and Melissa do the same.