Chapter 61: Mrs. Oates's Help

(Kawaii~Chan's POV)

We have arrived at Mrs. Oates's apartment door. Dottie starts ringing the doorbell a few times. I could faintly hear Mrs. Oates on the other side of the door.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Sheesh!" Said Mrs. Oates on the other side of the door.

Mrs. Oates opens the door.

"Oh my! Well hello." She said.

"Mrs. Oates, we need your help." Dottie said to her.

"Oh look, if I was 40 years younger, I'd be happy to take Ava's place, but I'm just happy listening I—" Mrs. Oates tells us but I interrupt her.

"Ava is sick." I tell her.

"Oh, sick?" She asks.

~~5 Minutes Later...~~

A few minutes have passed and Mrs. Oates found one of those digital thermometers. We were in Ava's room and she checked Ava's temperature. The demons were with us too and they hid their horns. Thank Irene me, Aphmau, Dottie, and Melissa hid our ears and tail.

"Well?" Asch asked.

Mrs. Oates turns to look at us.

"Oh this isn't good. She has a terrible fever. 102, and she's sticky. Oh, really." Mrs. Oates said to us.

"Please, we just want her to be better." Rhys said.

Things were quiet for 2 seconds.

"Can you help us?" Dottie asked.

Mrs. Oates looks at her.

"Hmm... of course I can but, it will take some time. First, let's get her tub filled with nice warm water." Mrs. Oates explained.

Pierce looks at Asch.

"Heh. See?" Pierce said.

"I'll do the tub part." Melissa said.

Asch rolled his eyes and he sighed.

"Whatever." He said.

Pierce enters the bathroom and Melissa follows him.

I look at Mrs. Oates.

"I'm going to teach you guys how to properly take care of a sick lady. Let's go get ready to make soup." Mrs. Oates said to us.

Aphmau looks at me.

"Wait... we're gonna teach the Deimos how to cook?" She asked me.

"Well, cooking is my specialty." I tell her.

"Agreed." Dottie added.

I whispered in Dottie's ear.

"Just make sure the demons don't screw anything up. Okay?" I whispered to her as quietly as I could.

"Okay." Dottie whispered back.

Mrs. Oates exits the room. Leif, Rhys, Noi, and Asch follow. Me, Aphmau, and Dottie follow as well. I just hope this doesn't go south.

~~8 Minutes Later...~~

Mrs. Oates and I start digging through the cabinets of Ava's kitchen. We were looking for the cookbook but we couldn't find it.

Mrs. Oates walked over to another counter while I looked in another cabinet.

"Oh for heavens sake! This child..." Mrs. Oates said.

I stood up.

Melissa stood by the kitchen table next to Mirage and Johnny. Aphmau layed down on the couch. She took a quick nap because she was still exhausted from using her magic earlier. Dottie stood by the kitchen counter. Leif and Noi were standing by the couch while Pierce, Asch and Rhys stood by the counter.

"Forgive us for asking, but what are you and Kawaii~Chan doing?" Dottie asked.

"Wondering how she managed to get past her father's on this. Usually Devon and Andrew are very observant about her living conditions. But I take it they were too distracted with her relationship with you guys to pay attention." Mrs. Oates explained to us.

Rhys speaks up.

"They had lay down the law with us. But they also mentioned that for them, it was nice to see us in her apartment." Rhys said.

Mrs. Oates looks at me.

"Oh! Hmm... I'm going to assume since Ava has friends, you and them are going to try to give her more personal space." Mrs. Oates told me.

I chuckled and smiled.

"Well, I'm glad her parents are making an effort to let her spread her wings and fly." I said to Mrs. Oates.

Mrs. Oates giggles.

"Though, I wonder how they're really taking it..." She said.

I just hope nothing goes wrong. But I wonder how Aaron is doing...