Chapter 98: Aphmau And Leif

(Aphmau's POV)

I needed to give Ava a break so I decided to get the Halloween decorations for her. And I decided to have Leif go with me. We then arrived at the store.

"Why are they selling bones here? You can get them for free if you just kill other humans." Leif asked.

I noticed that he was looking at the fake Halloween bones.

"Humans don't kill other humans Leif. I'm sure you've noticed that by now." I said.

"I mean, yeah, I have. But what stops you guys from doing that?" Leif asked.

"Well, the law. If we do things like that we'll be punished. None will ever wanna associate with us." I explained.

Leif raises an eyebrow at me.

"You Lu'pine's are interesting." Leif replied to me.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"On Deimos, we really don't have a thing like that." Said Leif.

"Really?" I asked.

"Well I mean, people like me are often banished outside of the kingdom's." Leif said.

I raise an eyebrow.

"So, what's your story Leif?" I asked.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" He questioned.

"You've said before that you're an assassin so, why do you work for Asch?" I asked.

"Do you really wanna know?" Leif asked me.

"Yeah sure." I replied.

His eyes widened.

"R-really?" Leif asked.

"Why not? You know a lot about Ava already and you know a ton about me and my friends." I said.

Leif sighed and closed his eyes. Then he opened them back up.

"You see I grew up with a bunch of other Deimos like me. A lot of us bonded over being abandoned and things like that. I was really close with brother." Leif explained.

"You're brother?" I asked.

"Everyone's brother really. Anyway... something happened and I got..." He continued.

"Separated?" I asked him with concern.

His eyes widened as he looked up at me. Then he had a sad look on his face.

"Yeah. We had a job to do and they left me behind." Said Leif.

I felt so sorry for Leif getting left behind like that. I gave him a hug to comfort him.

"I'm really sorry about what happened to you." I replied.

"Well, It-it's a long story. They were just ya cowards who couldn't kill as well as I could. Anyway long story short, I met Asch after I was spared." Leif explained.

I stopped hugging him.

"Spared?" I asked in confusion.

His eyes widened.

"Yeah... even though it doesn't look like it from the outside, a lot of us are Asch's knights because we respect him." Leif explained.

I give him an annoyed expression.

"Do you now?" I asked.

"I mean as much as one can have for a royal brat." Said Leif,

He then chuckled. I smiled at him.

"What's with the face?" Leif asked.

"If you promise not to kill me, I won't leave you behind." I said.

He sighed.

"Promise?" He asked.

"Hmm?" I asked.

He then laughed.

"Nothing, nothing." Said Leif.

I sighed.

"It's fine Leif." I replied.

Things were quiet for 3 seconds.

"You know, I can't promise I won't kill you." Leif said.

My eyes widened.

"Huh?" I asked.

"But, I can at least try not to." Said Leif.

He then sighed.

"Fine. You know what? You're with me until you get back to your world? Got it?" Leif asked me.

"Alright then. As friends of course." I replied.

"We'll see." Said Leif.

"I can't fall for him! My heart belongs to Aaron Lycan. For now I'm just gonna help him out about the modern world. And as long as you don't tell Aaron about the demons, everything will go smoothly." I thought.

I smiled at Leif.

"So are we getting those lights?" Leif asked.

Right! I totally almost forgot about that.

"Oh, right." I said.

I walk over to grab the lights on the shelf that Ava asked for. Me and Leif then purchased the lights and we walked out of the store. But I'm glad things didn't go south while I was with Leif.

~~Time Skip~~

Some time has passed and me, Melissa, Kawaii~Chan, Dottie, and Ava have now changed into our pjs. We all got into our sleeping bags and we fell asleep. I began to think about Aaron. I hope he hasn't forgotten about me.