Chapter 123: Do They Want To Stay?

(Melissa's POV)

As me and Dottie chatted, I started to wonder when Kawaii~Chan and Ava are coming back. Me, Aphmau, and Dottie walk into Ava's bedroom to clean her room up a little bit but I then noticed that the demons were talking about something.

"You need to be enthusiastic about returning. And now more than ever we need to return." Said Rhys.

"What makes you say that?" Asch asked.

"I don't see a reason why we should return." Leif said.

"Leif!" Rhys yelled.

"We've lived a pretty nice life here on Earth." Said Leif.

"Finally! They said Earth righ— wait. They want to stay?" I thought.

I was shocked because them talking about wanting to stay here on earth, I think it's made them change their minds about conquering it. Noi and Pierce agree with Leif. So does Rhys.

As the demons argued, I heard that Leif was actually meant to assassinate Asch but he betrayed his clan to become a knight. I couldn't believe Leif would do that. But I had to because I felt like he made a wise choice becoming a knight.

Rhys then said that Lady Grandma wanted to advocate for human conservation on Deimos which would involve the demons bringing the humans back to breed them, but Rhys said that his job was to find the best candidates for it.

I then continued to eavesdrop.

"Look, when I first saw Ava, I cannot deny she was on my list of candidates. But now, I could never ask that of her." Rhys said.

Rhys then told the demons that it's been 4 months since they've left Deimos which means 121 suns have passed. I guess two weeks equal four months. Rhys said that they are going back to Deimos tonight.

"I do not want for Earth, to become what Deimos is." Said Asch.

I was shocked because it made me confused. Do they want to leave or do they want to stay?

Ava and Kawaii~Chan then entered the room and she said that she invited someone here. She told the demons to hide their horns and put their human clothes on. As Kawaii~Chan entered the room, she, Aphmau, Dottie, and I hid our ears and tail. Ava entered the room.

"Do you think things are gonna go smoothly?" Ava asked Kawaii~Chan.

"Well, for better or worse." Said Kawaii~Chan.

I hope nothing goes south because I don't know how much more of this craziness I can handle.