Chapter 49: Katelyn's Departure

(Aaron's POV)

It's been a week since Aphmau and the others have disappeared into this other world. I hope she's alright, because I am. Maria and Rylan have been spending time with Daniel and me just so we don't worry so much about Aphmau, Melissa, Dottie, and Kawaii~Chan. I'm sure the 4 of them are safe wherever they are. But I've noticed that Katelyn has been packing. I stopped by at her house to see if she's okay.

She had some luggage with her. She was wearing a blue and white polka-dot dress with brown boots.

"Katelyn? What's going on?" I asked her.

She looked at me thoughtfully.

"I'm packing so I can stay with my dad for awhile." She said to me.

"Why?" I questioned.

"I just feel like I need to be away for a bit so I can stop thinking about what happened on the island." She said.

"Well... are you all packed?" I said.

"Yeah. Pretty much. I'm leaving in 2 hours." Said Katelyn.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked her.

She looks at me.

"My dad said I can stay for as long as I want." She said.

I give her a hug.

"Well... I hope you're gonna be okay when you get there." I tell her.

She hugs me back.

"Same." She replied.

~~2 Hours Later...~~

Katelyn just finished stuffing her bags in the car. Me, Lucinda, Zane, Garroth, Kim, Ghost, Maria, Rylan, and Daniel were giving her hugs goodbye. She smiled and started walking to the car. Garroth walks up to her and hugs her. His tail wagged while one of his ears twitched for a second.

She looks at Garroth. He smiles.

"See ya later Blueberry." He said.

Katelyn smiled back.

"See ya later... Door-Breaker." She replied.

She walks to the car, opens the car door, and gets in. Her Uber driver drives off. We all wave goodbye.

I smiled.

"Be safe." I thought.

~~Time Skip~~

It's now nighttime and me, Lucinda, and Zane are watching Disenchantment. I had my red bandanna on because I thought about my dad earlier and my eyes turned red. Zane notices me with the bandanna.

"Aaron? Can you see with that thing?" He asked me.

"Slightly." I tell him.

I sit on the couch next to him. Lucinda looks at me.

"Aaron? Did you call Aphmau earlier?" She asked me.

"Yeah. She said she's doing fine." I said.

"Well... I hope Melissa's okay." She said.

She walks into the kitchen.

I look at my backpack and take the wolf plush out. I hug it.

I get up from the couch and walk to the window and look up at the stars.

"I miss you... you stupid potato..." I thought.