Chapter 63: Getting Ready

(Melissa's POV)

Mrs. Oates and Kawaii~Chan were wondering about something. But I hope they can find what they're looking for. I see Aphmau sleeping on the couch. She was still exhausted from using her healing magic on Ava. I'm sure Ava will be better soon. But I just hope these demons don't mess anything up.

"Hmm... well, I do suppose they're handling it like grown adults if anything." Said Mrs. Oates.

Rhys looks at Kawaii~Chan and Mrs. Oates.

"Mrs. Oates." Rhys said.

"Hmm?" Mrs. Oates asked.

"What shall we do to make sure Ava is relived from her illness?" Rhys asked.

"Oh yes... hmm well, first off you boys need to change out of your funtime clothes." Mrs. Oates said.

Oh sweet Irene...

"Uhh... what?" Leif asked in confusion.

I had to interfere with this. I barge in the conversation.

"Oh noth—" I say but Mrs. Oates interrupts me.

"Ah! Nope! I'll spare the details. I don't need to know as I have my own ideas, and I'll ask Ava if I was going to ask anyone." Mrs. Oates explains.

Asch raises an eyebrow.

"What is she talking about?" Asch asked.

Mrs. Oates giggles. Kawaii~Chan interrupts.

"Oh don't mind us. Just get out of your clothes so we can avoid getting them messy." Kawaii~Chan said.

The demons look at each other and then they start talking off their shirts. I hold back a nosebleed. Dottie and Kawaii~Chan's eyes widen.

"Wait! What are you doing?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

Pierce looks at her.

"What you said." He replied.

Mrs. Oates chuckles.

"Not in front of me. Just go change into your regular clothes. Taking care of a sick person means a person who's doing the care needs to be comfortable too." Mrs. Oates explained.

The demons put their shirts back on. Mrs. Oates turns around and starts looking through the cabinets. While she wasn't looking, the demons walk through the portal in the wall. Me, Dottie, and Kawaii~Chan walk into Ava's room. Aphmau was sleeping on the couch. I didn't want to bother her.

Dottie stood by Ava's TV while Kawaii~Chan stood by her sleeping bag. I stood by Ava. I place my hand on Ava's forehead.

"Still pretty high." I said.

I remove my hand from Ava's forehead. I heard someone opening the door. I turn around. It was Pierce and he enters the room in his human clothes.

"Oh! Pierce. Do you think you can help me get Ava to the bath?" I asked him.

He walks over and picks up Ava. Him and I walk over to the bathroom and I test the water to see if it's warm enough. As soon as I touched it, the hot water stung my fingers and I quickly back a few centimeters away from the tub.

"Oh! Too hot." I exclaimed.

I turn the faucet on and I turn the knob the other way for cold. I need it to be warm enough for Ava. I turn the knob off and I test the water again. It was warm enough.

"Much better. Pierce, gently put her in." I said to him.

Pierce puts Ava in the tub.

"There we go. Let her sit for a moment. Come, follow me." I said.

I walk out of the bathroom and out of Ava's bedroom. Pierce, Dottie, and Kawaii~Chan follow me.

The demons were standing by the coffee table and Aphmau was still sleeping on the couch. I hope she wakes up soon.

I look at Mrs. Oates.

"She's in the tub." I tell her.

"Okay. Alright you guys wait here. I need to grab something." Mrs. Oates said.

She walks out of the apartment. I sighed and I told Dottie and Kawaii~Chan that I want to talk to them. I heard Aphmau wake up from her sleep. I walk over to Aphmau.