Chapter 42: The Date Begins!

(Melissa's POV)

Me and the others walk up to the pizza place. I spot Noi, Ava, Kawaii~Chan, Devon and Andrew inside. Still invisible, I sneak inside and I let my ears and tail pop out so I can be able to hear them better. I hid behind a giant pillar in the restaurant. It was close to where Noi, Kawaii~Chan and Ava were sitting.

"So... Noi? Was it?" Devon asked.

Noi gasps.

"How did you know?" He asked.

"Ava mentioned your name in the apartment." Said Andrew.

He chuckled.

"Oh... yeah! She did." Said Kawaii~Chan.

"Trust me. I listen to things closely." Devon replied.

"We both listen closely. The only difference is Devon here will bring it up three weeks later when you don't wash the dishes." Said Andrew.

"How hard is it to put them in the dish washer?!" Devon exclaimed.

Kawaii~Chan gives them a puzzled look.

"Ahem. Sorry, back to the conversation. I did want to ask, how did you meet our sweet baby?" Devon asked.

"Oh shoot! Ava should have gone over this with Noi instead of fawning over holding his hand!!" I thought.

"Oh. Heh heh, well you see I met sorceress Ava in the back of her home where no one could see us—" Noi explained.

I begin to panic but I noticed that Kawaii~Chan covers his mouth with her hand.

"Phew! Good save Kawaii~Chan.." I thought with relief.

"Ahh! Uhh.. whoops! You got some pizza on you?" Said Kawaii~Chan.

She chuckled nervously.

"But we haven't even gotten the pizza.." Said Andrew.

Ava chuckles nervously too.

"Oh god I'm so hungry I didn't realize." Ava said.

Kawaii~Chan giggled.

"So... um... well... we met at the arcade... dance..." Kawaii~Chan said.

"Seriously?" I thought.

"The arcade dance?" Andrew asked.

"Um... yeah... it was a masked ball and Ava was wandering around the room and suddenly Ava and Noi's eyes met and they didn't know who each other was but I came along and told her who he was because I'm one of his close friends. But I knew that they loved each other and then they exchanged Instagrams because Noi didn't have a phone and... yeah." Kawaii~Chan explained.

"Good one." I thought.

Devon gasps.

"That sounds just like Romeo and Juliet." He said.

"Suspiciously similar to Romeo and Juliet. But that does explain why she made an Instagram account out of nowhere." Andrew added.

"It does? Oh! Yeah wait it does! Ha ha... it does.." Ava said.

"Interesting. I thought you could only use Instagram on the phone." Devon said.

I noticed that a waiter brings some pizza to the table.

"Here you go. One pepperoni pizza with your favorite Ava. A smiley face." The waiter said.

"Thank you." Andrew said.

I sighed. I walk outside the restaurant. I noticed everyone else was staring through the window.

"Argh. This is no use." Said Rhys.

"I can't hear a single thing going on!" Dottie added.

"Then we're going in." Said Asch.

"Wha—?! Oh my Irene....!" I thought.

"What?! Wait!" Dottie exclaimed.

She and Rhys run after Asch, Aphmau, Leif, and Pierce.

I run back inside and hide behind the pillar. I spy on Ava, Kawaii~Chan, and Noi.

"What is that?" Noi asked.

"It's called pizza. Just eat it and smile." Kawaii~Chan told him.

Noi eats a slice.

"Wow! This is delicious!" He said as he ate 4 more slices.

"Holy Irene! He just ate 5 slices of pizza! I guess demons like him eat fast." I thought.

"Uhh... you have a large appetite don't you?" Andrew asked.

He chuckled.

"And a large lack of manners." Devon added.

"Umm... N-Noi... let's uh... let me show you where the bathroom is so I can help you clean up." Said Kawaii~Chan.

"Bathroom?" Noi asked.

Kawaii~Chan gets up from her seat and grabs Noi and takes him to the bathroom.

I sighed.

"Well... at least you know what you're doing Kawaii~Chan." I thought.