Chapter 67: Aaron Knows

(Aaron's POV)

Today was a good day for me. Me, Rylan, Maria, and Daniel hung out today so I wouldn't worry about Aphmau. But don't worry, I'm gonna call her later. Right now me, Lucinda and Zane we're filling in for Daniel, Rylan and Maria at a fast food joint because they had to take a break.

I was handing out the food at the window. One car pulls up and I see a person with long black hair like one of those characters from a horror movie. I'm pretty sure the guy was pranking us.

"Heh..." I said.

I hesitate and step back.

"No, screw that!" I said.

I turn around to look at Zane.

"YOU! You're the emo, hand that out." I told Zane.

"Nope." Zane replied.

"Just give him the water. Go!" I told him trying to hold back my laughter.

Zane wheezes.

"You're the emo bro. Just do it. I'm gonna cry!" I said.

"NO WAY!! He's not gonna grab me!" Zane said.

I laughed.

"Just throw the bottle of water in the car and run!" I said.

"Alright, but if they grab me, they grab me. You ready?" Zane asked.

"Kinda." I replied.

We walk up to the window where the car was at. The guy underneath the car seat makes the long black haired prop jumps at us.

"Oh crap!!" Zane said as he jumped.

The man screams as he tries to scare us with the prop.

"See? You should've just thrown the bottle of water like I said." I told Zane.

Zane throws the water bottle at the prop and the prop falls over.

Zane laughs.

Lucinda walks up to us to see what all the commotion was about. She spots the prop.

"What the heavens? I'm outta here. Bye!" She said as she walked away from the prop.

I comforted her by placing my hand on her shoulder for support.

"Alright, can we get the car up behind you?" Zane asked.

"Yaaass!!" The man said.

"Thank you." Lucinda replied.

I walk to the window.

"You called me sir, and ordered a water just to do a prank? Bye!" I said to the guy in the car.

~~Time Skip~~

Some time has passed and we just got back from that fast food joint we were filling in for Rylan, Maria, and Daniel. We went to Lucinda's house.

I walked upstairs to the guest room and I grabbed my phone to FaceTime Melissa. I wanted to see how she's doing. I waited for her to reply back.

"Aaron?" She asked as her face appeared on my phone screen.

"Hey big sis!" I said.

"Hey!" She said.

"How you doing in the other world?" I asked her.

"Good. Is Lucy okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah. She is." I said.

"Good. Is Zane okay?" She asked.

"Yeah he—" I tell her by him cut off by some boy in the background who's wearing a leather jacket and has black eyes and black hair.

"Melissa, hurry up! My patience is running dry." He said.

Dottie pushes him away to get him out of the camera. She and Kawaii~Chan walk up to Melissa.

"Melissa, who was that?" I asked concerned.

"He's... uh..." She says but Kawaii~Chan interrupts.

"He's Ava's boyfriend!!" She exclaimed.

Wait... Ava's got a boyfriend? Why didn't they tell me?

"Ava's boyfriend? Why didn't you guys tell me?" I asked.

"Because... we were nervous about how you'd react." Dottie said.

"Ah. That explains it." I said.

"Anyways, me and the others are gonna go get ingredients for the soup that we're gonna make for Ava." Melissa told me.

"Okay. Talk you ya later!" I said.

"Bye!" Melissa said.

"Bye!" I replied.

I end the call and I place my phone on the desk in the guest room. I'm glad that they have new friends in this other world. I wish I could meet Ava in person. It would have been a dream and an honor.

"Hey Aaron!" Lucinda yelled from downstairs.

I walk out of the guest room and I look downstairs.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You wanna watch Disenchantment with me and Zane?" She asked me.

"Sure!" I replied.

I walk downstairs into the living room. I haven't forgotten about Aph, I'm only spending time with them so I won't stress about her a lot. Speaking of Aph, I wonder how she's doing.