Chapter 91: Asch's Childhood

(Aphmau's POV)

11 days. 11 days since I got thrown into this crazy mess. But... do I want to stay a little bit longer? At times like these I wish I had Lucinda with me. I begin to dream.

~~Dream~~

I find myself in the dark room once again and I wait for the angels voice to speak to me.

"Are you there?" I asked into the darkness.

"Yes." Said the voice who sounded like Rachel Lycan.

There was silence for a brief moment.

"Why did you come here?" The voice asked me.

"I want to know something. I want to know more about Asch. What was his childhood like? What caused him to be so demanding? And what does Irene have to do with Deimos?" I asked.

"Oh... that... that's kind of a long story..." The voice said to me.

"Can you tell me?" I asked.

The voice sighed and some while light glowed from the room. It floats away from me to a wall and then the light grows bigger into the size of a rectangle.

It then projects an image of a young demon with white horns, black hair and black eyes who is wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a red belt and black pants with red boots. He was holding hands with a woman in a white dress with light purple boots and had a light purple hood on that covered her face.

"Do you recognize that demon and that woman?" The voice asked me.

I began to realize.

"That's..." I said.

"Asch as a child. And yes, the woman with him is Irene." Said the voice.

"But, what does this have to do with my question?" I asked.

"About 30 years ago, Irene went to the world of Deimos to share some of her magic with the other Deimos citizens. While she shared a little of her magic with Lady Grandma, she saw Asch and Rhal by the balcony and she noticed that Asch was too close to the edge. He fell, but Irene saved him just in time. She returned him to Lady Grandma. After that, she began to notice that Asch was lonely. On Deimos, Asch was lonely and sad but not around Irene. When they were together, they would play for hours. She wanted to make Asch happy, so one day, she gave him a spirit named Mirage. Rhal was happy for his little brother, but Lady Bish grew jealous of it. She wanted a spirit of her own. One day, Lady Bish used her powers to mind control Irene to give her a spirit. Lady Bish succeed but she was caught by the royal guards. Her mind control spell wore off on Irene and then Irene became furious. She then used her powers to forever curse Lady Bish. When the demon king entered the scene, he became angry that Irene cursed Lady Bish. The king tried to use his powers on Irene but she immediately used her powers to curse the king too. When Asch entered the room and saw what was going on, Irene had a look of fear on her face. She knew that she couldn't go back to Deimos, so she went back to her realm. After that, Asch was angry at Lady Bish because he blames her for making Irene leave Deimos. Since then, he's been demanding, rude, and harsh." The voice explained to me.

So that's why he's so demanding. It's because Lady Bish caused Irene to leave Deimos. Irene was Asch's only friend, and Lady Bish caused her to flee. No wonder he's harsh sometimes. He's forgotten what it feels like to be happy.