Chapter 40: Their Plan

(Aphmau's POV)

I eavesdrop on the demons to find out what they're up to. I'm pretty sure they've hid Noi's horns by now.

"Noi, I can't believe we're trusting you with this. But you need to listen. This is important. If you can get married to Ava, then we can get the humans to give us their magic." Rhys said.

I was shocked by that.

"R-really?" Noi asked.

"Lady Bish married into our family and gave us her magic. It must work the same here as well." Asch said.

"You need to win the approval of her parents. But you cannot tell any of them about Deimos. Her parents seem wise. They may know about our world. And we cannot risk that." Rhys explained.

"So what do I do?" Noi asked.

"Don't screw it up." Asch said.

"Alright but what about the others?" Noi asked.

"We'll have to court them too. But if their hearts are already spoken for, then they will be bridesmaids." Said Rhys.

"Okay! But It should be me getting a chance at Aphmau!" Leif said.

"Watch your tongue you—" Asch says but Rhys cuts him off.

"Stop it now! Noi, if this mission is successful, we can possibly go home with the magic we need. Just listen to Kawaii~Chan and Ava and do not tell them anything about us." Rhys said.

"Right!" Noi replied.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. But those words Rhys said. Marriage... I can't be in a relationship with a demon. My heart belongs to Aaron Lycan. I have to tell them we have boyfriends at some point.

"Aphmau...? What did they say?" Melissa asked me.

I turn to her and grab her hand.

"Can... can we talk about this one in the bathroom?" I asked her.

"I guess?" She replies.

I walk to the bathroom. Melissa, Dottie, and Kawaii~Chan follow me.

~~3 Minutes Later...~~

"Are you serious?! The only way they'll leave is if they marry us?!" Dottie exclaimed quietly.

"Yes." I reply quietly.

Melissa, Dottie, and Kawaii~Chan are all shocked by this.

"I'm not getting married to a demon!" Dottie said quietly.

"Yeah. Besides, my heart belongs to Lucinda." Melissa added.

"Well... we have to tell them we have boyfriends. I love Zane! I can't be in a relationship with a demon!" Kawaii~Chan said.

"Kawaii~Chan, I understand but—" Melissa says but Kawaii~Chan cuts her off.

"Melissa! I feel like I've lost my freaking mind living with them!" She said.