Chapter 105: Foul Smells

(Kawaii~Chan's POV)

As Aphmau woke up, we went into the bathroom as Ava was on her phone. We began to brush our teeth. As I stopped brushing my teeth, I looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed. Dottie noticed it.

"You okay Kawaii~Chan?" Dottie asked me.

I turned around to look at her.

"Do you think the demons wanna stay here on earth?" I asked her.

She shrugged.

"I have no idea Kawaii~Chan. It's their choice if they wanna live amongst the humans." Said Dottie.

"Okay." I replied.

~~12 Minutes Later...~~

We just changed into our clothes. Except for Melissa. Her clothes are still in the dryer and she needs to take a bath because she skipped it last night.

As we entered the living room, it smelled like bio in there. Then we realized the smell was coming from the demons. I could tell because of their tiny beard hairs. Ava was there too.

"What the heck is going on? Why do you guys look so... beardy?" Ava asked.

Melissa sniffed the air as her ear twitched. Aphmau's ear, Dottie's ear, and my ear twitched as well.

"Ugh! What's that foul smell??" She asked.

"I could answer that! Rhys is having us conserve magic." Said Leif.

I raise an eyebrow.

"Huh?" I asked.

"He's concerned that at the rate we're using it, we won't have enough to return to Deimos." Said Pierce.

I then have a saddened look on my face.

"A... are you guys planning on... returning soon?" I asked.

Asch sighed and he had a sad look.

"In time." He replied.

"We haven't really talked about it." Said Leif.

I felt sad. It's like they don't wanna leave. Even though, they've been here for 2 weeks and I'm used to this whole thing.

"So... what does conserving magic have to do with the smell and your beards?" Dottie asked.

"We can't clean ourselves." Leif replied.

"W-what?" Aphmau asked.

"We rely on magic as you do to keep ourselves clean." Said Asch.

"Not a substantial amount, but enough to keep our appearance." Pierce said.

Aphmau raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, so, that's why you guys were so confused about Ava's baths?" She asked.

"So wait, you guys understand that, Aphmau, Melissa, Dottie, Kawaii~Chan, and I don't use magic to keep clean right?" Ava asked.

"You don't?" Pierce asked.

"Then, what do you guys do?" Asch asked.

"We take a bath, like you guys have accidentally seen us do before." I said.

"Accidentally?" Leif asked.

"Yeah, don't you guys do that when you run out of magic?" Ava asked.

"We've never ran out of magic." Said Pierce.

Melissa raises an eyebrow.

"Huh?" She asked concerned.

Asch turns to look at her.

"You heard him." He said.

"Does everyone have magic where you guys come from?" Aphmau asked.

"Yeah, at least the Deimos." Leif said.

Things were quiet for a second.

"It's an inherent trait of our world. Our society is built around it. Which is why many of your things fascinate us. Which is... why we should perhaps... begin thinking about when to return to ours." Asch explained.

Well, at least that explains why they react so weird to toilets.

"Aww, that's too bad. And here I was going to take you all to the fall festival." Said Ava.

Those words made me smile. I then noticed the demons eyes sparkling up. They all were excited and so was me, Aphmau, Dottie, and Melissa. But the bad body odor went up my nose.

"Ugh! Sweet Irene! The smell..." I said.

"Welp... time to teach these demons proper hygiene.." Said Melissa.

"I think I'm gonna pass on this one." Said Dottie.

"I agree." I replied.

I just hope nothing goes south in there because things have gone south 14 times already...