Chapter 32: Leaving The Apartment

(Aphmau's POV)

Me and Ava walk up to Mrs. Oates's apartment door. She and I made sandwiches for her. Ava rings the door bell and Mrs. Oates opens it. Another woman was with her.

"Oh, Ava! Good to see you. Ah! And I see you've brought your friend Mrs. Shalashaska." Said Mrs. Oates.

"Hi." I reply.

"Hey Mrs. Oates. Oh, hey Mrs. Bell." Said Ava.

Mrs. Bell? Is that one of Mrs. Oates's friends?

"Hello." Mrs. Bell said.

"Greetings." I said.

I shake Mrs. Bell's hand.

"Are you guys having your book club or something?" Ava asked.

"Pfft. Please darling. We're not that boring. We're meeting to plan our crochet club." Mrs. Oates explained.

"Far less boring." Mrs. Bell added.

"Oh yeah! Totally! I get that life." Ava said.

"Anyway, here are the sandwiches you asked us for." I tell her.

"Oh, perfect. Thank you so much Mrs. Shalashaska." Said Mrs. Oates.

I hand her the bag of sandwiches.

"And here, a little extra today so you two can take all of your handsome boy toys out." She said as she gave me some money.

Me and Ava become flustered.

"Mrs. Oates please..." Said Ava.

"Oh, you should bring them over sometime. Mrs. Oates told me all about them." Mrs. Bell said.

Ava gets an annoyed look.

"She did?" Ava questioned.

"Yes. We heard all the screaming this morning too." Said Mrs. Bell.

Ava puts her hand on her face while I blush with embarrassment and cover my face with my hands.

"Hey let's get moving." Said a voice.

I turn around to see Leif and Pierce.

Mrs. Bell notices them.

"Oooh! You are right! They are handsome." She said.

Mrs. Oates looks at us.

"Where are you all going?" She asked.

"To the park to give Ava the Vitamin D." Said Pierce.

Mrs. Bell and Mrs. Oates are surprised by that.

"Oh my!" Mrs. Oates said.

"I swear to god I—" said Ava but Leif interrupts her.

"Ava is going to absorb it to become more powerful." Leif said.

"We're leaving! Have a good day Mrs. Oates and Mrs. Bell." I said.

I pick up the picnic basket.

Me and Ava walk to the elevator. Pierce and Leif follow. Kawaii~Chan was standing next to Noi. Asch and Rhys were there was well. Dottie and Melissa took the the stairs.

We were in the elevator and Ava was blushing bright red.

"Why is she so red?" Rhys asked.

Noi giggles.

"I don't know, but I like her like that." He said.

Ava turns around.

"I'm red because I just realized you guys take everything literally." She replied.

"Yeah. Do you guys not have like a learning school or communicate with others on a logical level?" I ask.

"School?" Asch questioned.

Rhys's eyes widen.

"Oh, I didn't realize you would ask us about our culture. Hmm. Well, learning isn't a primary concern on Deimos. Most learning is about magic and fighting. Since it's our primary way of survival." Rhys explained.

"Teaching as a luxury, only certain Deimos get to be in." Said Leif.

"Interesting." I reply.

"Okay then. We're going to teach you guys some manners. First partner up." Ava said.

"I call Noi!" Kawaii~Chan said.

"Yay!!! The human spirit has chosen me!" Said Noi as he hugged Kawaii~Chan.

I smile.

"Cute." I mumbled under my breath.

"I call Aphmau!" Leif said.

"I guess that means Ava is with Asch, Dottie is with Rhys, and Melissa is with Pierce.." I thought.

I smile at Leif.

"Okay. Second, form a line. Noi, Kawaii~Chan. You two get to be the line leaders." She explained.

"M-me?! A leader?!" He exclaimed happily.

"YES!" Kawaii~Chan added.

Asch looks at us.

"Hey! Why are Noi and human spirit Kawaii~Chan the line leaders?" Asch complained.

"I agree! It should be me and Aphmau." Said Leif.

Ava gets annoyed.

"No one is going to be the line leaders of you all keep arguing!" Ava yelled.

"How can there not be a leader?!" Asch asked.

"Noi and Kawaii~Chan are the lowest rankings among us. So you can see why it's an insult." Rhys said.

I become as annoyed as Ava.

"Our line! Our rules!! Now we are going to take you to the park and everyone is going to listen to me and Ava! Sheesh... thank Irene no one goes to the park these days..." I said.

I just hope nothing goes south again. We all go down the elevator and meet Dottie and Melissa downstairs. We then start walking to the park.