Chapter 78: Dottie Has Ice Magic

(Dottie's POV)

I was still sleeping because I passed out earlier. I just hope they put me back in my sleeping bag. I start to dream but it's actually a flashback.

~~Flashback~~

As I finished carving "Dot + Dan" on the tree, I closed my eyes and smiled.

"I will make you happy Daniel..." I said to myself.

I walk away from the tree and walk onto the boat with my luggage. As I get on the first floor I spot Rylan and Maria sitting at a table.

"Rylan! Maria!" I said to them.

I walk over to them and I give them hugs.

"I... thought you two were captured by the GF's..." I said.

Maria smiles.

"Takes more than a few guards to take us down." Maria said.

"True." Rylan added.

"Also Lucinda filled us in." Said Maria.

"Yeah. But we're gonna be out of town for a little bit just so we can try to ignore all the truly horrible things that took place in the last week." Rylan explained to me.

"Understandable." I replied.

"We'll see you at Lovers Lane." Said Maria.

"Okay." I said.

I walked up to the top floor of the boat. As I looked out at the sunset, I could see Starlight Wonderland getting smaller and smaller beyond the horizon. I saw a small boat that had Melissa and Aaron on it. I wanted to wave to them but Aaron probably doesn't remember me.

I sighed as I looked out to the sunset thoughtfully.

~~Flashback Ends~~

I wake up from my sleep and I find myself in my sleeping bag. I spot Mirage and Johnny sleeping by me. I wanted to pet Mirage but she hissed at me. I sighed.

"Better use my sleeping magic on you before you start scratching me." I said to myself.

I place my hand on the cats forehead and I concentrate. White light glows from my hand but it quickly fades.

"Wha...?" I questioned.

I try it again but nothing happened. Then i try it with both hands, but nothing happened.

"Where's my sleeping magic?" I asked myself.

I place my hand on Mirage's forehead.

"C'mon..." I mumbled to myself.

I concentrate as hard as I possibly could. Some white light glows from my hand but it got to the point where I couldn't concentrate anymore. The light immediately faded from my hands as I try to catch my breath. I concentrate again but sparks flicker from my hands.

"What's going on?" I questioned myself.

I got up and walked into the bathroom.

"I need to tell Lucinda that something is wrong with my magic..." I said.

As I look in the mirror, I noticed I had icy blue tips at the bottom of my hair.

"What the..?" I said.

I look at the blue tips. I wondered how they got there. I then look at the cut on my hand. It was gone. Aphmau must've used her healing magic on it.

As I begin to walk out, I looked back at the mirror. I reached out for it. Then a light blue sphere glows from my hand and it flew straight for the mirror. The bottom left corner of the mirror was now covered in ice and some ice got on the wall too. I screamed due to the fact that I have new magic.

"w...what... the heck... is this...?" I stuttered with confusion.

Aphmau, Melissa, Kawaii~Chan, and Ava came into the room. Their eyes widened as they saw the ice on the wall.

"M-my mirror!" Ava exclaimed.

"Dottie... what did you....?" Melissa asked in confusion.

I looked at my hands and then at everyone else.

Rhys then walks into the room and notices all the fuss.

"Wha..?" He said in confusion.

He walks over to the mirror and he places his hand on the ice.

"This is my magic... but how—" He says but I start to sniffle.

I began crying because I made a mistake. I ruined Ava's mirror. I look at them with a sad face.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." I replied.

Aphmau hugs me for comfort.

"Hey, it's fine. But how did you get this ability?" She asked.

I began to realize something.

"I think that when my hand took the hit from the ice magic from where my cut was, I think some of the magic residue went into my bloodstream." I explained.

"But... are you still able to use your sleep magic or did it just die out when the ice magic hit you?" Melissa asked.

I concentrate on my hands and try to use my sleep magic. White sparks flicker from my hands and they immediately fade.

"My sleeping magic is gone..." I replied.

It's just like what Lucinda told me: I can't control two sources of magic. If I have two magic powers within me, the first one will disappear.

I look at Rhys. He walks up to me and pats my shoulder for comfort.

"It'll be okay. I can help you control it." He said to me.

~~Time Skip~~

A few hours have passed and I can control my ice powers now. Ava was now sleeping on her bed while the others were in their sleeping bags. I walked over to my sleeping bag and got in it.

"Goodnight." Said Melissa.

"Goodnight." Aphmau, Kawaii~Chan, Ava, and I all said.

I close my eyes but before I could completely close them, I spot Rhys walking in and he has his staff. He then chanted a few words under his breath and the potion he made for Lucinda disappeared into thin air.

"There. That should get to her location." Said Rhys.

He then walks out of the room.

"That potion is gonna get to Lucinda's location by tomorrow morning. I guess Melissa's got some explaining to do..." I thought.