Chapter 103: Who's Gene?

(Aaron's POV)

14 days since they've left. Tomorrow will be the 15th day. But hey, 10 more days and soon I'll be reunited once again with my future wife.

Today was Maria's birthday. We got cake, birthday balloons, everything.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Maria—" We all sing but suddenly a man with black hair and blue eyes entered the room and used a fire extinguisher on the cake.

"AAAGH!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my— Evacuate!" Said Daniel.

We all exit the house that got filled with fire extinguisher smoke.

"EVACUATE!!" Daniel yelled.

I noticed Lucinda and Garroth walking out.

"That did a little more damage than I thought." I said.

"Yeah, I thought it was gonna be really small. But it was really big." Said Lucinda.

I turn to Zane.

"Dude this guy thinks he's a firefighter." He said.

Does he mean the guy who put out the candles on Maria's cake?

"Every year out of nowhere, I haven't seen this guy in 24 months! And he comes to Maria's birthday, with a stinkin... fire hose... that was just bull crap." Said Zane.

I noticed that they were hugging the black haired man. He then comes up to hug me but I quickly back away.

"Aaron? Do you not recognize me? It's me Gene." He said.

Who's Gene? Is that this man's name?

"I'm sorry.... do you know me?" I asked.

Lucinda's eyes widened.

"I guess the potion only makes him remember the most important people he was around...." She mumbled to herself.

So wait, this potion had a few side effects on me? Wow.

"Aaron. It's me. Gene. From high school?" He asked.

I began to think and a few memories began to flood back. Memories of Gene with me and Aph in high school and some with him in Love~Love Paradise and a few with him on Lovers Lane. I began to jog my memory.

"OOH! Now I remember." I replied.

~~Some Time Later...~~

Time has passed and I began to catch up with Gene. I haven't seen him in 2 years and I'm surprised he was cool with the whole Ultima thing since I've let my ears and tail out. If Aphmau we're here, she would have explained the entire story to Gene. Speaking of which, I wonder how she's doing...