Chapter 76: Ice Magic

(Melissa's POV)

Aphmau and Ava went to Mrs. Oates to get another pair of glasses. As they come back and enter the room, we noticed that Leif and Rhys were fighting. Rhys was using ice magic while Leif uses his knifes. I'm guessing Rhys is an Ice demon while Asch is a fire demon.

As we walked over to the demons, i started to notice the mess. It looked like one of them had a fight and lost.

"You have no right to exist!" Rhys yelled as he used his ice magic.

"You're not the first person to tell me that!" Leif replied.

I raise an eyebrow.

"W... what's going on?" I asked.

"Rhys is upset at Leif." Pierce told me.

"I mean I'm usually upset at Leif." Ava added.

"Yep." Said Aphmau.

"He's upset because Leif broke his glasses." Said Kawaii~Chan.

"I mean, dang I've never seen Rhys ticked off before. I didn't think he was that type." Said Dottie.

"Type?" Noi asked.

Kawaii~Chan looks at him.

"Y-Yeah um like we just haven't seen him act like that." She said.

Pierce looks at Kawaii~Chan.

"Rhys controls his temper." He said.

"Better than any of us." Noi added.

"Usually." Said Asch.

Me, Aphmau, Dottie, Kawaii~Chan, and Ava noticed that Rhys froze Leif's knifes with his magic.

"Hey!" Leif said.

"Next time, I won't miss." Said Rhys.

"What do you expect me to do? I don't have any other glass for you." Said Leif.

"I'm sick of you! For too long you've been disobedient! Despite your past, you've learned nothing." Rhys said.

"It isn't my job to learn, my job is to kill!" Leif said.

"And you haven't done that now have you?" Rhys questioned.

"Silence!" Leif yelled.

"Will be welcome once I destroy you." Rhys said as he begins to use his ice magic.

Leif gets his weapons ready.

"Heh. Bring it!" Said Leif.

Ava and Dottie walk up to try and stop the fight.

"No one is bringing anything!" Said Ava.

"Move our of the way! He broke my..." Said Rhys but Ava pulls out another pair of glasses for him.

He stops using his ice magic.

"G-glasses?" He said in confusion.

"Aphmau and I went to Mrs. Oates's place to see if she had an extra and she did." Ava said.

"T-thank you." Said Rhys.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me I—" He says but Leif cuts him off.

"Yeah Rhys, you should really know your place and conserve your magic am I right?" Said Leif.

Dottie stood in fronted Leif with her arms out.

"Leif don't get him any angrier than he already is." She said.

When Dottie wasn't looking, Rhys looked angry and begins to use ice magic.

"YOU...!" Rhys yelled.

Rhys threw an ice ball at Leif but when Dottie turned around, the ice hit Dottie's right hand from where her cut is.

She began to scream in pain as the ice formed around her hand. The ice covered her entire hand but the ice stopped growing when it got to her wrist.

"AAAAAUUGH!!!" She yelled in pain.

Dottie passed out.

Rhys's eyes widened as he realizes his mistake.

"Dottie! No!" I exclaimed.

Me and Aphmau rush over to her and notice that her right hand is completely covered in ice.

"Quick. Put her hand under hot water. It'll make the ice thaw out." I said to Aphmau.

Aphmau picked up Dottie and carried her to the sink. She placed Dottie's hand under hot water and the ice thaw's out. Aphmau uses her healing magic on Dottie and the cut on Dottie's hand disappears. But don't worry, Aphmau didn't pass out this time, she just had a mild headache.

I walked over to Aphmau and I pick up Dottie and carry her to her sleeping bag in Ava's room. I place her on the floor of her sleeping bag and I place a pillow under her head and put a blanket on top of her.

"I hope you'll feel better soon..." I said to myself.

I walk out of Ava's room and I realized that Ava noticed the mess.

"Oh sweet Irene..." I thought.