Chapter 36: Katelyn's Therapy

(Aaron's POV)

It's been 4 days. Me and Aphmau still keep in touch on the phones. I'm glad to hear that she and the others are alright and had made a new friend. But today was a little bit of a Katelyn day at Lucinda's house. Aphmau's friend Kai, from high school, was now doing therapy for Katelyn. Thank Irene her therapist isn't Zack! Speaking of Zach, him and Sylvanna came over to help me. But I don't wanna be near Zack.

I was looking at the plush in the guest room. I put it on the bed and walk out of the guest room and down the stairs. I stop to see Kai doing therapy for Katelyn.

"And then what happens?" He asked.

"And then I wake up. Just like I always did." Said Katelyn.

Kai gives her a thoughtful look.

"Well like I told you before, the nightmare is an associate form of reliving the real experience. It's to be expected." He explained.

"I know... it's just... Terry has been gone of such a long time... I can't believe that he was a descendant of Michael." Katelyn said.

"Katelyn... it's going to take more than 3 months. You're doing well." Kai said.

She looks down thoughtfully.

"Think of Michael, only as a phantom to you now. He was defeated. The only place he can hurt you, is in your dreams." Said Kai.

"I just thought they stopped." She said.

"Trauma often heightens during transition. And you don't need to tell me that your life is in transition." He said.

She looks up.

"The memories of those days will go and fade with time but you will never forget them." Kai said.

"I understand." She told him.

Their therapy session came to an end. Kai left the house and Katelyn sat on the couch. I walked down the stairs and sit next to Katelyn comforting her. Garroth was doing the same.

Zack and Sylvanna were arguing.

Garroth sighed. His ears flopped down.

"Guys... I'm sorry I ever agreed to go to the lodge in the first place..." Said Garroth.

"What? What do you mean?" Katelyn asked.

Garroth looked at Katelyn.

"I mean, If i just said no, we wouldn't have anything to be sad about right now." He confessed.

I started to think.

"Hey... going to the lodge, was worth it. Even if we had to go through a bunch of drama and lost a few loved ones." I tell him.

"Yeah." Katelyn said.

"True." Said Garroth.

Zack eavesdropped on us.

"Yeah... and you lost Derek because you gave up on your determination." He said.

Those words triggered me.

"What... did you... just say??" I asked him angrily.

"Nothing... I'm just saying—" He says but I cut him off by throwing a pillow at him.

"WHY CANT YOU JUST LET HIS NAME REST?!?!" I screamed.

"Yeah! Derek is gone! Rachel is dead! Blaze is dead! Terry is dead!" Katelyn added.

Zack sighed.

Sylvanna joins in.

"Yes Zack. They do have a point. Aaron's parents are gone, and him and Melissa are now orphans." Sylvanna said.

Zack put his hand on his face.

"Well... Michael was the one who made that Celestial Cannon and tried to use it on Aaron, but Derek took his place." Zack said.

"Well it isn't my dad's fault that got himself turned into a relic, it's yours!" I said.

"It's not!" Said Zack.

"It's your fault, I had to stay here for 3 long lonely months!!" I tell him.

"It's not!!" He repeated.

"YOUR FAULT THAT I CAN NEVER SHOW MY FACE IN POLITE SOCIETY AGAIN!!!!!" I screamed.

"He does have a point Zack." Katelyn added.

I sighed and I put my hand on my face.

"Why did you even have an affair with Sylvanna??" I mumbled under my breath.

I walked back into the guest room and looked at the plush.

"What's going on out there?" Woof asked me.

"Just some arguing." I replied.

"Yikes." Said Woof.

"I just wish they'd stop talking about the past..." I said.

"Well... you have Aphmau. She's your future wife." Woof told me.

I look at the plush.

"Yeah..." I said as I hugged it.

"Speaking of future wife, when's your wedding?" It asked me.

"Well, ever since the Starlight drama, we had to reschedule it for next summer." I tell it.

"Oh.. so this means that the wedding was not last summer. It's being delayed for next summer." It said.

"Yep." I reply.

I look out the window and look at the stars.

"I'll always be here for you. You stupid potato..." I thought.