80

The chilling weather could be seen through the tinted window. The black glass that hid the passengers inside the vehicle made the view seem like an old movie. The moving pedestrians were walking down the smooth concrete, all colors faded by the dark shade of the window. Everyone wore a long coat, multiple layers underneath their clothing so that they wouldn't feel cold. The way most individuals shivered with red cheeks because of the cool wind. It was the small and innocent actions that made Baek desire that sort of freedom. These people were allowed to roam the city without a care in the world. They didn't have to wear a mask, dye their hair, hide their identity...

Baek envied that the most.

He wanted to be a normal person. A normal person who could spend time with friends and family... But he understood that he could not change his lifestyle anymore.

He was the main character for this criminal act, the main lead that mattered the most.

The black car came to a stop in front of the well-known building. The shining white structure radiated wealth. The cooperation Essence was a famous company that ranged from multiple business purposes. However, it mainly leaned on the fragrance aspect since they were popular for their perfumes.

The man with white hair exited the black car, his mask already on. His blue eyes trailed towards the main doors as he approached the entrance. Multiple bodyguards followed him from the front and back, acting as a shield in order to protect their master. It didn't take long for the workers to start whispering among each other. Anyone could recognize the ethereal man in a second.

His white, snow-like hair that resembled the winter storms. The piercing blue eyes that sent chills everywhere like frozen ice. The iconic chain that settled itself on top of the boy's nose. The pale skin that seemed to match the clear pearls. And, of course, the usual black attire, the black leather that shined under the expensive chandeliers. A mix of mint and vanilla pleasingly exerted his body.

"When did he arrive?"

"Was he not in the States?

"Did boss call him for a mission?"

His eyes averted to the gossiping women in the corner. His sensitive ears caught onto the hushed voices nearly immediately. The three females jumped at his cold stare and rapidly moved away from each other. They all proceeded to work in silence. The tension in the air was evident and sharp. The stern guards guided their hands in the direction Baekhyun had to go. The young boy walked to his brother's office, unfazed by the tense air. The large door came into view, along with multiple guards who protected the entrance. They all bowed the minute they saw the powerful male.

"Welcome, young master."

Baekhyun tilted his head down in gratitude when the guards opened the door for him. The doors closed instantly after he entered, the loud sound stinging his active ears.

"Ah, you came." The younger took off his mask with an eye roll.

"Well, you asked me to-"

Knock. Knock.

"Enter." Baekhyun didn't bother to put on his mask again. He knew it was one of the workers or assistants of the area, so hiding was unnecessary. Technically, the rule of hiding his face was only put into place when he was outside or on a mission. When he was inside with people from the same gang, there was no need for the mask.

"Master. I brought the sweets you asked for." The handsome butler entered the room with a dark aura around him. Baekhyun turned to meet his eyes, and the older immediately smiled.

"Young master." He bowed before placing the cake on the dark table. The white-haired male observed the desserts with desire, his eyes gleaming at sight.