• 12

November 4th. 8:17 AM

Baekhyun walked into class with a blank face, although his anger and annoyance were evident. He opened the class door with a piece of paper in his hand. For the first time in a while, he was late and awfully quiet. He didn't even smile when he spotted the teacher or his friends in the room.

"Baekhyun-"

"I apologize for the tardiness." He handed the teacher the late note and walked past the students to get to his desk. He didn't bother to stare at his friends stationed at the back of the class. He sat in his seat with a slump and quiet sigh. He bit his lip, trying to contain his regular expression. However, the pain in his forearm was killing him.

The teacher proceeded to teach the lesson, but Baekhyun couldn't care less. He could barely move his arm to write his notes. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, hoping class would just pass by quickly.

Baekhyun didn't notice the stares he received from the taller in the back of the class. Chanyeol observed the boy from afar, but... it wasn't because the taller felt like he needed to.

He was the only one who had noticed the wrapped bandages hidden under the boy's sweater.

---------------------

November 4th. 11:58 AM

Ding!

Lunch had finally arrived.

Baekhyun immediately grabbed his bag with his stable hand. If he was fast enough, he would have enough time to go to the infirmary and rush to the cafeteria to get a decent lunch. He was creating so many issues for being so careless. He didn't think he would get injured, but... in a way, he had distracted himself with his negative thoughts once again.

He had his mind completely focused on his mother. She had unfortunately received new injuries from his stepfather, and Baekhyun could barely think straight. He kept worrying about his mother. Even when doing the laundry, trying to cook, studying. Everything always turned back towards his injured mother. He decided to make himself a tea to calm him down, but... his mind was distracted once again. He didn't think the boiling water would overflow and fall right onto his arm.

"Ms. San?" The older lady came into view with a cheerful smile.

"What trouble did you get yourself into now?" Baekhyun chuckled lightly and lifted his arm to the best of his abilities.

"Burn." She sighed and quickly checked his injuries as usual. Baekhyun would always come into the nurses' office to either fix an injury or learn how to treat one. Ms. San never felt the urge to ask the boy what had occurred but, she silently gave the boy the assistance he needed since Baekhyun constantly reassured her that he was fine.

She removed the bandages on his arm and winced. It was awfully irritated, but it wouldn't leave another scar.

"It won't leave a mark, but it will definitely sting for a few days-"

"Ms. San! You have a call from Mr. Kim." Baekhyun watched her turn to her assistant with a worried gaze. Noticing the intense stare from the younger woman, he assumed the matter was severe. He patted the nurse's shoulder and gave her a small smile. "It's fine. I can take care of it." The nurse gave him a grateful nod before rushing to the other room to answer the call.