102

A pained sensation crashed into his head the second he awoke. His hand automatically held his head as he covered his eyes from the bright light that filled the room. Baekhyun looked around; his shaking orbs quickly observed his surroundings. He was wearing a set of warm clothes, and a wet cloth was placed above his forehead. He winced when another agonizing wave appeared at the side of his head. His thoughts became mixed once again, and he was trying to figure out what had happened to him after jumping out of the company's window.

"What the fuck-"

He stopped and glanced at the doorknob that slowly twisted. Baek covered his face with the blanket before it could open. He was sharp enough to notice his mask was taken off, but that in itself freaked him out even more and put him into a thrilling panic. Dark brown hair came into view as Chris poked his head inside.

"Don't worry. It's just me." Baekhyun let out a relieved sigh when the door was shut once again. He dropped the blanket and examined the male in confusion. Chris walked over to him to dampen the slightly dried cloth.

"When did you get here?"

"Like two hours ago. You passed out for a good hour; I'm surprised you're even awake. You lost some blood, and you got a fever, but you should be fine in a few days." Baek nodded while looking down at his changed attire. He wasn't wearing his previous outfit. Instead of a tight black suit, he was now wearing comfortable pajamas that kept him warm. Chris seemed to notice his nervous trembles, so he quickly comforted the male with a few words.

"I changed you... if it makes you feel any better, I didn't have my glasses on, so I was blind during the whole process! I've been the only person checking up on you, and Daniel has been guarding the door like a damn dog." Baekhyun let out a laugh and waved his hand, muttering a quiet "thanks," now that his worries were disappearing. He was comfortable with Chris, so the changing matter didn't bother him. He was actually glad that Chris was the only one who checked up on him since he was currently without a mask. It put him at ease and made the possibilities of anyone discovering his identity gradually reduce. Baek tried to sit up, his legs shifting towards the side of the bed where they could dangle. He took one step, and a rush of discomfort shot up his leg. He groaned and sat back down with a troubled frown.

"Don't move too much. You nearly fractured your leg, so it's slightly strained. If you rest and don't apply pressure, it should be fine in a few days." Baek flopped on the bed with a whine.

"How'd I get here?" Chris eyed him nervously. He could hear his worried gulp echo in his ears as he glanced at the door. Baekhyun didn't fail to notice his odd shift when the sudden question was asked.

"Well... Chanyeol helped you-"

"Get out of the way!"

"We don't even know if he's up yet!"

"I already told you. This is my damn room!"

Baekhyun widened his eyes. He was about to raise the blanket to cover his face, but Chris was prepared for this situation. He tossed the younger a mask and blocked his view for a few seconds. Baek hastily put the cover on just as the door slammed open. The smaller was relieved to see the familiar black-haired male at the door. Daniel rushed to his side with a worried expression.

"Are you alright?" The older just gave him a simple nod, and that was enough for the younger to pull him into a tight hug. Daniel rubbed his head into the boy's shoulder, his lips releasing a slightly angered sigh.