105

They walked off the plane, drained from the overwhelming stress surrounding Japan. Chanyeol reached for his phone the second he felt the vibration. He stared at the caller, a bit confused by the sudden approach. But he still pressed the phone against his ear after answering the call.

"What's the matter?"

"Now, now, Chanyeol. I was just calling to negotiate a few trades. I'm in desperate need for some new weapons."

The taller let out a sigh and waved his peers towards the direction of the building. Luhan took the role of guiding everyone inside after seeing Chanyeol on the phone. "We would love to trade, but at the moment, we are dealing with some important matters. I'll call you once we're done, Yaejun-ssi." The older didn't seem to take his response too well. Chanyeol could hear a scoff through the phone before the man decided to respond with a convincing offer.

"What if I give you a few reports? I heard you were looking for someone. Baekhyun was it?"

His breath hitched. His eyes nearly widened, but he kept calm. He knew the older on the line heard his surprised gasp since he muttered out a bit of laughter. "The golden prize, huh? I might know where he is. I'm surprised you haven't found him yet. Well, it isn't a shocker since he did dye that honey hair of his." His mumbling wasn't really heard, but Chanyeol still sucked in a massive breath of air to contain himself. "How do you know where he is?" Yaejun chuckled out loud, and some rustling sounds were heard through the phone.

"I have a bit of history with his family."

"Could you tell m-"

"Before I give you any information, we have to meet first to finalize an official trade." Chanyeol hummed, understanding the fair trade the older was planning. "Understood. I'll see you in a few hours." The older clicked his tongue twice before answering.

"I'll be waiting."

The call ended, and Chanyeol felt a bit more ecstatic about his arrival. He would get new information on Baekhyun's whereabouts and hopefully find him soon. He was thrilled with the new opportunity that was granted his way. He bit his lip, his finger trailing over his lock-screen. He smiled brightly beside Baekhyun, their hands clasped together while he raised a peace sign beside the older.

"Who knew all I had to do was befriend a couple of serpents to get to you."

—————————————————————

TW: Blood

"Baek, wait! Your leg-"

"It's fine."

It wasn't fine. Nothing felt fine. They were rushing down the hall to get to the right door, and they were both panicking. Baekhyun was holding back the whines that nearly escaped when he pressed down on his bad leg. Walking was tolerable with all the medicine he took, but right now, he was basically sprinting towards his room. He fumbled with his keys and opened the door with Daniel right behind him. He thanked the younger for the steady hand on his waist but, the second the door opened, he didn't care about anything but his family.

Red.

There were papers thrown on the floor, shards of glass piercing up with red tips. The grey couch was now stained in a dark scarlet along with the light brown carpet. Baekhyun could only think the worst. He signed the letter M, and Daniel was quick to press himself against the wall and quietly lock the door. Baekhyun prepared his gun and carefully searched each room without a sound. He examined every corner and possible hiding spots but, there was no one inside.